• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Did you decide on which shift boot you want to go with?
I think I'm going with Overland designs, just waiting for them to come back in stock. I'm actually tempted to get their alcantara side panels for the center console too.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I think I'm going with Overland designs, just waiting for them to come back in stock. I'm actually tempted to get their alcantara side panels for the center console too.
Nice! Would be interested to read your thoughts upon installation.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
The car arrived today and I will have the following done/installed in short order:

Sprint Performance Air Filter
Wheel Spacers
JDM Alcantara Shift Boot
Cargo Tray
Carbon Fiber Wing Spoiler
Contoured High Wall Carpet Floormats
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Infotainment Screen Protector
XPEL Ultimate Plus Paint Protection Film
Exoshield
Ceramic Coating
I wanted to close the loop on this. I ticked off all items on this list as the car was finally ceramic coated on Friday. The only item I did not move forward with was the Sprint Air Filter. I went with the Spoon Air Cleaner instead. Yes, I realize it's essentially the same (or similar) filter. I'm pleased with all selections and ran into no "issues". Happy to answer any questions or provide pics, if necessary.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Finally found the Missing "item" to the JDM carbon door panel covers :wave: ...
Finding the part number for this thing was a total PITA! like 3 months of emailing people and talking to shops ect ect...

FL5 LHD Carbon center console cover.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 3.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 2.jpg
Mine took a lot longer to get, but finally came in :)

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20230515_154219

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG_2248

One of the first things I did when I got it home was test fit the Antigravity lithium battery that's been in my past three cars.

This is the H6 size and slightly bigger than the OEM battery so I couldn't reuse the heat blanket and the little plastic battery acid leak tray underneath the battery.

OEM battery came in at 36.8lbs. This battery came in at 14.4lbs. 22.4lbs off in about 10 minutes. I bet a correctly sized one would be even lighter.

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Threw in tuxmats and know it's been discussed before but seems the throttle pedal touches the mat when pressed down, anyone had any issues with this? Clipped it in very well

OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I wanted to close the loop on this. I ticked off all items on this list as the car was finally ceramic coated on Friday. The only item I did not move forward with was the Sprint Air Filter. I went with the Spoon Air Cleaner instead. Yes, I realize it's essentially the same (or similar) filter. I'm pleased with all selections and ran into no "issues". Happy to answer any questions or provide pics, if necessary.
Do I mind giving me advice? What do you think about Xpel and Ceramic Pro? Worth getting both or sticking to one?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Do I mind giving me advice? What do you think about Xpel and Ceramic Pro? Worth getting both or sticking to one?
There's a lot to unpack, but I'll try to keep it brief. It depends on the use case. There are three primary factors: 1) how you use the car; 2) what you need, want, and expect out of the products; and 3) how much you're willing to spend.

SunTek, XPEL, and STEK are all solid in my experience, but they're only as good as the person laying the film. If you stick to those products you will be fine*. Coverage is also important because that will drive cost.

As for ceramic coating, the market is now saturated and I suspect many of the companies are largely using the same or a very similar formula. I'm partial to Gtechniq. Specifically, CSL + EXOv5 + C2V3. Assuming the surface is properly prepped and the product is applied correctly, you will be very satisfied with the end result and performance.

*Not to further complicate matters, but some paint protection film companies have a line of film that includes a ceramic top coat. For example, SunTek has Reaction, XPEL has Ultimate Fusion, and STEK has DYNOshield.

OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Thanks, I know a place in town here they do very good work with Xpel film. I will definitely get that, I was just curious if it’s worth going for ceramic as well. I will be winter driving and I know getting ceramic coating changes the way you need to probably wash or take care of the car a bit? They use Ceramic Pro here.
Correction, they use Revivify now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
katch922

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Well my ctr finally inbound. Here is my updated to-do list. Also, going to add security camera for my driveway to the list. Someone ripped out the rear wiper on our Toyota last night.

• TuxMat 1st and 2nd row
  • TuxMat Trunk
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
  • Xpel FFE, Rockers, Trunk lid, door jams, infotainment screen, door sills, lights, mirror, foot step
  • Revivify Ceramic coat
  • Rust proof Krown
  • Child car seat protector WeatherTech
  • License Plate PlateFrame WeaterTech
  • Honda Seatback Protectors
  • Ticonn Faraday Bag
  • Tevlaphee Universal Steering Wheel Brake Lock
  • Tevlaphee Universal Wheel Lock
  • Window Tint

Maybe list is
  • Dashcam
  • Mishimoto Coolant Expansion tank

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Threw in tuxmats and know it's been discussed before but seems the throttle pedal touches the mat when pressed down, anyone had any issues with this? Clipped it in very well
No, I don’t have that issue with my gas pedal. I used 2 clips closest to the corner to secure it. For all pieces I only used 2 clips.
Sponsored