• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I'd like to share my first official modification with the community since I think it turned out pretty nice!

I always try to build my cars with an OEM+ style and modify it so that certain aspects look as factory as possible. I received my car in the winter and since it's always wet in Washington these types of mats are nearly a requirement on a daily driver.

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats PASS-SIDE-FINISHED

Initially I was looking at the Honda all weather floor mats but didn't like how they lacked the protection on the sides and that they were essentially standard Civic mats. The Honda accessory trunk liner is really nice and includes a Type R logo so I wanted to continue that look for the rest of the car. Here's a shot of the factory trunk liner for reference with the bottom right subwoofer area cut out (I used sharp scissors).

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats TRUNK-LINER

The actual floor mat modification involves purchasing a set of 22-23 Honda Civic FloorLiners from WeatherTech. You will want to buy the non-USB style.
https://www.weathertech.com/honda/2023/civic/floorliner-digitalfit/civic-2nd-row-usb-ports-11/no/

The only part I hated about these floor mats is the ugly WeatherTech logo so I figured there was a chance someone made a direct replacement sticker that could match the car a bit more.

After quite a bit of searching this was the only place I could find that sold stickers in the CORRECT Type R logo:
https://smyperformance.com/smy-performance-honda-type-r-emblems-for-weathertech-mats-pair.html

Others didn't have the T and the Y connected like the trunk mat. I am not affiliated with this company and I paid full price for these. They are good enough quality but the most important thing to me was having the correct logo.

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats PASS-TYPE-R-MAT

You can get a fingernail/plastic tool under an edge and the WeatherTech stickers peel right off. I did bring the mats inside the house so they were warmer when applying the sticker but you may want to use a hairdryer on the mat/sticker to make sure the adhesive bonds well. Clean the sticker area with the provided alcohol wipes and then try your best to line up the new stickers before applying.

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats DRIVER-SIDE-FINISHED

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats PASS-SIDE-FINISHED

I've received multiple compliments about how clean it turned out. While the liners are not perfect I feel that they are better than the factory ones and don't completely change the look of the interior like the TuxMats.
Sponsored

qwertypop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000, 2022 Sienna, 2023 FL5 Type R
Was looking for something exactly like this. Appreciate the post!

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think they will be making another version as this fits all 22-23 Civics. It's just with the red carpet you can see areas where they don't line up with the side plastic trim.

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats SIDE-ALIGNMENT-FLOOR-MAT

As you can see in this photo the top corner hits on the plastic and then tapers down at a weird angle towards the seat. Maybe this was the only way to make the shape and have the high coverage on the front? This bugs me a little bit especially if it starts to scuff that hard plastic from the two materials rubbing. Maybe it's by design since that is where you are most likely to touch your feet?

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I don't think they will be making another version as this fits all 22-23 Civics. It's just with the red carpet you can see areas where they don't line up with the side plastic trim.

As you can see in this photo the top corner hits on the plastic and then tapers down at a weird angle towards the seat. Maybe this was the only way to make the shape and have the high coverage on the front? This bugs me a little bit especially if it starts to scuff that hard plastic from the two materials rubbing. Maybe it's by design since that is where you are most likely to touch your feet?
I have WeatherTechs as well and like them but be aware on the driver dead pedal it doesnā€™t cover enough of the carpet. I added a little low adhesion clear vinyl over the carpet in that area because it started to get dirty

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have WeatherTechs as well and like them but be aware on the driver dead pedal it doesnā€™t cover enough of the carpet. I added a little low adhesion clear vinyl over the carpet in that area because it started to get dirty
Good call! Iā€™m hoping someone releases a metal dead pedal soon that maybe covers part of that. The pedals are so far over they could totally expand it over that little bit. In the meantime I might do something similar to what you described.

FL5 CTR

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Thanks for sharing those stickers! Ordered some up.

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I ordered some of those stickers too, thanks! I was going to maybe try these before ordering weathertechs and see if sticker fits these. It seems like they line up better with interior trim and are cheaper, good reviews: OEDRO Floor Mats Compatible for 2022-2023 Honda Civic Sedan/Hatchback (Not Fit 2rd Row with USB Port), Black TPE All-Weather Floor Liners https://a.co/d/4C8qQE8

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I ordered some of those stickers too, thanks! I was going to maybe try these before ordering weathertechs and see if sticker fits these. It seems like they line up better with interior trim and are cheaper, good reviews: OEDRO Floor Mats Compatible for 2022-2023 Honda Civic Sedan/Hatchback (Not Fit 2rd Row with USB Port), Black TPE All-Weather Floor Liners https://a.co/d/4C8qQE8
Let us know how this pans out for you. Iā€™m beginning to not care much for the OEM all-weather mats and may do this for the next PNW winter.

LaFlamaBlanca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
thx for this. I went with this amazon set of mats and bought the stickers you bought. These also fit perfect with the stickers and fitment of these mats shockingly perfect: SMARTLINER Custom Fit All Weather Black 2 Row Floor Mat Liner Set Compatible with 2022-2023 Honda Civic (Does not Fit with 2nd Row USB Ports) https://a.co/d/96sUuOq

11th Gen Honda Civic Custom DIY WeatherTech Type R Floor Mats 4B7AC092-D5C2-45A3-99F3-89BC21BDCE95

Reactions: CTR

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Has anyone tried the tux mats yet?

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TuxMats are popular and nice but I didnā€™t like how they looked so out of place in the interior. Their ā€œscaleā€ type texture looks kinda weird IMO which is why I went with WeatherTech and changed the sticker.

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
TuxMats are popular and nice but I didnā€™t like how they looked so out of place in the interior. Their ā€œscaleā€ type texture looks kinda weird IMO which is why I went with WeatherTech and changed the sticker.
Iā€™ve always used WeatherTech but have heard the clutch and/or accelerator may not fully depress. Can you confirm they can fully depress?

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ve always used WeatherTech but have heard the clutch and/or accelerator may not fully depress. Can you confirm they can fully depress?
No issues at all with WeatherTech. TuxMats are the ones that are too close to the pedals causing interference.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Tuxmats work fine. They cover almost everything. Pedal when fully depressed does touch but it functions fine. Have 18k miles on mine and once cleaned after winter use look Brand New.
Sponsored