• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
This looks nice. Getting 265 35 19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 A/S installed right now on the OEM wheels. Thinking I may go OEM forged for the summer but this has now become a serious contender. The center cap looks good but the difference in finish would drive me nuts.
Are you happy with your Michelins? I was thinking of doing the same with 35 sidewall. Thanks.

Last edited:

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Are you happy with your Michelins? I was thinking of doing the same with 35 sidewall. Thanks.
Yeah they don’t make it in a 30 profile in the MPS4 A/S unfortunately. Most people go with the Continentals if they wanna stay OEM profile. I’ve put a hundred or two miles on so far and they feel great. I can tell there’s a speedo difference. I’d say otherwise it is just a tiny bit more “floaty” like I can feel I’m a fraction further away from the road. I like them overall but I’m definitely going back to summers in the spring.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
@CTR did you do an alignment when switching wheels? I called Honda to do a similar setup as you and they said they do an alignment. I don’t know if I want them to if it changes when I go back to stock. The car is perfect now and I could picture them messing it up for when I switch back to stock in summer.

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
@CTR did you do an alignment when switching wheels? I called Honda to do a similar setup as you and they said they do an alignment. I don’t know if I want them to if it changes when I go back to stock. The car is perfect now and I could picture them messing it up for when I switch back to stock in summer.
No. I don't understand why you would need a new alignment. The wheels are identical in terms of width and offset. It would be the same thing as swapping the tires on your factory wheels.

midway1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yeah they don’t make it in a 30 profile in the MPS4 A/S unfortunately. Most people go with the Continentals if they wanna stay OEM profile. I’ve put a hundred or two miles on so far and they feel great. I can tell there’s a speedo difference. I’d say otherwise it is just a tiny bit more “floaty” like I can feel I’m a fraction further away from the road. I like them overall but I’m definitely going back to summers in the spring.
I got those same tires this weekend and I regret it. I didn't think a 35 series would be as big as a difference as it is. The wheel wells are filled nicely, but the car sits higher. I notice it and it just doesn't look right to me. I also wanted to lower the car, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going more than 1/2" and that isn't really possible.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@midway1 Give the tires some time (and driving) for the sidewalls to settle. The car won’t sit as high as it does right now on brand new tires.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I got those same tires this weekend and I regret it. I didn't think a 35 series would be as big as a difference as it is. The wheel wells are filled nicely, but the car sits higher. I notice it and it just doesn't look right to me. I also wanted to lower the car, but I wouldn't feel comfortable going more than 1/2" and that isn't really possible.
Yeah interestingly it doesn't look high to me but it definitely feels slightly higher. I don't mind it relative to the cool weather grip I am feeling which is great. Has been in the 50s and 40s pretty consistently up in the northwest and I'm very happy with the outcome. I feel like you could probably get some of the popular springs that drop 3/4" and still be ok, but maybe I'm wrong. That is on my list too, but probably a little ways off.

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been extremely impressed with my 265/30/19 Continental DWS 06 Plus so far. I'm also in the PNW and we had dry weather yesterday. Last night I went ripping around my close to home loop and was blown away by the grip in high 30° F temps. The stock tires would be downright scary in these conditions.

If it gets cold where you live and you want to enjoy your car a few extra months out of the year I highly recommend a quality all season in the OEM size. I'm sure the Michelin are great as well but you are forced to go up a series which adds a little more height and squish like @machimself has stated.

Reactions: rui

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
@CTR I swapped to the DWS06 tires as well and I’m really happy. I echo your comments- the grip is fantastic and much better road noise. Thank you for giving me the idea.

one thing - did you notice the car doesn’t track as straight as the stock ps4s setup? When I let go of the steering wheel on highway straights the car seems to shift in the lane. It’s very very minor but wanted to see if you noticed that. Maybe it’s just the difference with all season rubber being softer. And could also be the air/wind density were the car gets blown easier.
Thanks.

OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CTR I swapped to the DWS06 tires as well and I’m really happy. I echo your comments- the grip is fantastic and much better road noise. Thank you for giving me the idea.

one thing - did you notice the car doesn’t track as straight as the stock ps4s setup? When I let go of the steering wheel on highway straights the car seems to shift in the lane. It’s very very minor but wanted to see if you noticed that. Maybe it’s just the difference with all season rubber being softer. And could also be the air/wind density were the car gets blown easier.
Thanks.
Glad to hear you like them! Every time I drive in the cold and wet I'm blown away by the grip.

I have not experienced any pulling or tracking issues. Are you on the factory width/offset or did you end up going with a different offset? You could also give them time to break in a bit and see if that goes away.

Kfo_cpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RDX
@CTR good to hear. I’m on stock 19s. I realized the wind was 18 mpg that day so I think that was aiding it. Also one of the front tires had 45psi and the rest had 35 so I fixed that. They feel good. Very happy.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
This looks good! I’m pretty sure I want to do the FL5 wheels on my white ITS. Both sets look good imo.
Sponsored