• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Good luck getting a Z lmao
Honestly though not sure why anyone would want a Z. You guys should check the Z groups. There have been sooooooo many previous q60 and red sport owners that have had engine replacements. It's just not a great engine.

Was just checking out the FB groups and some have had as many as 3, it's nuts.
Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
For sure. Love my FK8, but it's still a Civic in build quality and materials; can only pay so much until you start looking at the next tier.
Too bad both the Supra and Z have out-the-door lines and markups as well...low supply, high demand car days. Tis a rough time to be a car enthusiast. 😅

I think unless you go for the manual Supra getting one won't be an issue, they started settling prices wise months ago.

Hell, over 50K and your approaching used C6 Z06s.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I think unless you go for the manual Supra getting one won't be an issue, they started settling prices wise months ago.

Hell, over 50K and your approaching used C6 Z06s.
How many people really cross shopping z06 with a civic though. There's plenty of old ass super high HP cars. Just because someone can afford it doesn't mean it fits their lifestyle.

Hell I could buy one easily. Not going to cause wife would destroy my ass lol. She'd be more ok with a blackwing.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Honestly though not sure why anyone would want a Z. You guys should check the Z groups. There have been sooooooo many previous q60 and red sport owners that have had engine replacements. It's just not a great engine.

Was just checking out the FB groups and some have had as many as 3, it's nuts.
A big reason I ended up not going with the Focus RS when I got the FK8...sure it's got the power, AWD, etc. but it's still a Ford 😆

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
How many people really cross shopping z06 with a civic though. There's plenty of old ass super high HP cars. Just because someone can afford it doesn't mean it fits their lifestyle.

Hell I could buy one easily. Not going to cause wife would destroy my ass lol. She'd be more ok with a blackwing.

I'm not talking old, I'm talking like 2016+.

If I can't get the R for MSRP the Vette will be part of my cross shopping. My kids are older, so 2 seater wouldn't be an issue for me. Wife told me to buy whatever, she could care less.

I want the R as I'm a die hard Honda guy, but due to the pricing my current ones maybe my last.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
A big reason I ended up not going with the Focus RS when I got the FK8...sure it's got the power, AWD, etc. but it's still a Ford 😆
The early batches of the 2.3L ecoboost was known as the EcoBoom for reason lol

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I'm not talking old, I'm talking like 2016+.

If I can't get the R for MSRP the Vette will be part of my cross shopping. My kids are older, so 2 seater wouldn't be an issue for me. Wife told me to buy whatever, she could care less.

I want the R as I'm a die hard Honda guy, but due to the pricing my current ones maybe my last.
If you honestly have the option of buying a 2 seater coupe summer car. I honestly don't know why u would consider the FL5 given how impossible it will be to get and the hoops you probably have to jump through to get.

Hell even a ZL1 would be enticing, stupid fun. Smiles per gallon will be greater than the FL5.

Just grab a z06 and call it a day, IMO.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
Wouldn't count on it during the production cycle.

FK8 went for crazy money from 2017 to 2019...
Obviously I’ll play it by ear. Truthfully I don’t think they’ll come back to MSRP almost anywhere. Anyhow my first shot at one will probably be summer 23 so no need for haste. Maybe the economy will tank by then or something? :rolleyes: Yeah right

I will probably be able to get a GR Corolla at MSRP this fall or spring. I just can’t seem to love that thing.. let’s see once people start driving/reviewing them. I have some silly (greedy) ideas about it. I had similar ideas this summer in my GR86 hunt, paid for it instant karma style as soon as I tried to act on them so I’m trying not to think that way.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Just a Honda guy, currently own two, and did have a 2020 R.

42Kish is about my limit on it, I've been saving up and I'm ready. Only time will tell.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Obviously I’ll play it by ear. Truthfully I don’t think they’ll come back to MSRP almost anywhere. Anyhow my first shot at one will probably be summer 23 so no need for haste. Maybe the economy will tank by then or something? :rolleyes: Yeah right

I will probably be able to get a GR Corolla at MSRP this fall or spring. I just can’t seem to love that thing.. let’s see once people start driving/reviewing them. I have some silly (greedy) ideas about it. I had similar ideas this summer in my GR86 hunt, paid for it instant karma style as soon as I tried to act on them so I’m trying not to think that way.
My back up is the GRC also. Was able to get deposit in back in March. The core should be pretty cheap imo. Modding the crap out of it just bring it to the R's MSRP or close to.

I might try to trade the GRC for a R, if it doesn't do it and I can't get a R lol.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
If you honestly have the option of buying a 2 seater coupe summer car. I honestly don't know why u would consider the FL5 given how impossible it will be to get and the hoops you probably have to jump through to get.

Hell even a ZL1 would be enticing, stupid fun. Smiles per gallon will be greater than the FL5.

Just grab a z06 and call it a day, IMO.
You just want one extra to pick from for yourself 😉😝

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Prices are already crazy inflated, I missed the the window to get one not clapped out for a realistic price.
How bad is it your region? I can get a 2007 yellow with like 20k miles for about 42K USD ironically enough.

But again, wife no go.
Sponsored