• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
he told me that people are worried about any imperfections on the vehicle and since they have been sitting at the port so long that any issues will be taken care of by honda directly no questions asked
Paint correction on Honda? 🧐. lol I don't expect any real issues from sitting, but never know
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Well here's to hoping cars in perfect condition with no transport blocks on them...lol

I work at the Marysville Auto Plant as a quality engineer, so I will be checking over my car with a fine tooth comb lol.
please do...that's your job! haha

I’m sure we’re talking paint imperfections. My question would be, is every dealer going to accept, “guy on this forum talked to a Honda rep and he said you guys would take care of this?” 😂
Thanks for the information. Are you saying the cars are going to have imperfections and issues from sitting so long? I worried about that too. And how would Honda even address that. Wouldn’t it be the same song and dance of “oh brand new vehicle, going to take time for people to learn this car, or even lack of parts” so how is Honda going to address this.
i am the one who brought it up...told him i am worried about the car sitting exposed for so long, he said if there are ANY issues that honda will gladly take care of what needs to be done if it was a result of the car sitting there untouched for the amount of time

sort of hoping for some swirl marks all over it so i can have them pay for my paint correction and ceramic 😄

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Paint correction on Honda? 🧐. lol I don't expect any real issues from sitting, but never know
you don't even want to know...my brothers cbp fk8 came in, looked okay...but under lighting it looked gray

paint correction saves cars

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you don't even want to know...my brothers cbp fk8 came in, looked okay...but under lighting it looked gray

paint correction saves cars
When I said "on Honda" I meant paid for. Maybe wasn't clear lol. I wouldn't hold my breath, but would be cool of them to do. I imagine a claim would have to be filed with Honda Corp.

Getting ahead of ourselves though, just patiently waiting to pick it up!

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
don’t you put that voodoo on me Ricky Bobby!!!!! (In regards to paint swirls) lol

please do...that's your job! haha

i am the one who brought it up...told him i am worried about the car sitting exposed for so long, he said if there are ANY issues that honda will gladly take care of what needs to be done if it was a result of the car sitting there untouched for the amount of time

sort of hoping for some swirl marks all over it so i can have them pay for my paint correction and ceramic 😄

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh i forgot to mention...

the cars going to puerto rico left with a vessel to deliver them via panama canal, they arrived in PR around the same time the east coast was originally supposed to get their cars as well

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Thank you so much for all this information @tuhroo. I really appreciate it! Does this mean that cars that are being turned away from ports are possible allocations for smaller dealerships that haven’t received an allocation yet?

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
I have, not once, purchased a new Honda and not had to do substantial paint correction on it. I do all of my detailing and coating myself, but still, it sounds as if these may take some extra “elbow grease” once we finally do get them. LOL

Thanks for posting the information though as it is very much appreciated.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much for all this information @tuhroo. I really appreciate it! Does this mean that cars that are being turned away from ports are possible allocations for smaller dealerships that haven’t received an allocation yet?
that i have no idea about man...i just know that the richmond port was basically closed for taking cars in at one point so cars just sat in either the ocean or were directed elsewhere until that strike was gone

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have, not once, purchased a new Honda and not had to do substantial paint correction on it. I do all of my detailing and coating myself, but still, it sounds as if these may take some extra “elbow grease” once we finally do get them. LOL

Thanks for posting the information though as it is very much appreciated.
The FK8’s have some of the worst paint quality ever…this is my brothers fk8 2-3 days after picking it up and after my buddy started paint correction

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations D0067E8F-DA75-478D-9AA0-4946DE1C7749
11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations 666C391E-D5DE-4E8E-81CA-D9CAFFE69597
11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations BF617E85-B626-4BCF-8C43-D4106E307264

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Lets me tell you this…

My fl5 had way too many paint issues (so so many bumpy areas) that my ppf guy spent way too many hours correcting it… Honda’s paint quality is acceptable but to some people, its bad.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
make sure the dealer does not wash the car, unless they do top/down foam!!!
my detailer said my car was all F-up! :cry::rant:
but he'll still try to honor my original quoted price :banghead:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
what color is your car and how was it screwed up? Nm I can see in your avatar it looks blue.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can 1 wash cause THAT much damage? Seems a bit over reactive
Sponsored