• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Nothing on my end for either of those dealerships, gotta call them
Thank you for checking. They say they received confirmation that it was loaded on a trailer 🤷‍♂️

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Thank you for checking. They say they received confirmation that it was loaded on a trailer 🤷‍♂️
If the car is marked as sold then I can't track it. they have it just means any tracking you need done has to be done through them

Fernando_A

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Very nice! Was your car initially on Aspec’s list a few weeks ago? Or is this a new allocation?
I believe so. It’s one of the first few 500 or so in the US. I put down my deposit exactly last month haha.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
cars are leaving the port in phases...

i just got off the phone with the honda rep (he cleared me to talk about it since everything was figured out)

multiple delays halted the cars from leaving union strike at the port was the main one and also the hurricane/tropical storm on the east coast did as well

the ctr's are not going by train, only truck and they are super behind now at the port since there was a strike going on for a couple weeks, cars are stockpiled even to the point where some ships were turned away and told to go to a different port because of the lack of staff to check in cars/shipments and no room

he told me that people are worried about any imperfections on the vehicle and since they have been sitting at the port so long that any issues will be taken care of by honda directly no questions asked

the main thing was he told me to be patient and all the cars at the port should be with all their owners before christmas

he apologized multiple times about the delays and he said honda higher up's have been non-stop about getting these cars to the east coast

savagegeese was correct :cool:

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150

i just got off the phone with the honda rep (he cleared me to talk about it since everything was figured out)

multiple delays halted the cars from leaving union strike at the port was the main one and also the hurricane/tropical storm on the east coast did as well

the ctr's are not going by train, only truck and they are super behind now at the port since there was a strike going on for a couple weeks, cars are stockpiled even to the point where some ships were turned away and told to go to a different port because of the lack of staff to check in cars/shipments and no room

he told me that people are worried about any imperfections on the vehicle and since they have been sitting at the port so long that any issues will be taken care of by honda directly no questions asked

the main thing was he told me to be patient and all the cars at the port should be with all their owners before christmas

he apologized multiple times about the delays and he said honda higher up's have been non-stop about getting these cars to the east coast

Thanks for the feedback brother.

I'm still waiting on hearing an ETA from my dealer, it's been just 'pending' this entire time. I'm hoping either ETAs start populating or it just pops up at their dealer. I'm straining not to message my dealer anymore LOL.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Thanks for the feedback brother.

I'm still waiting on hearing an ETA from my dealer, it's been just 'pending' this entire time. I'm hoping either ETAs start populating or it just pops up at their dealer. I'm straining not to message my dealer anymore LOL.
he said my pending status should change by monday...they have been non stop to get these cars out

but he told me that some subaru's have been at the port not moving since end of august lol

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
he said my pending status should change by monday...they have been non stop to get these cars out

but he told me that some subaru's have been at the port not moving since end of august lol
Well here's to hoping cars in perfect condition with no transport blocks on them...lol

I work at the Marysville Auto Plant as a quality engineer, so I will be checking over my car with a fine tooth comb lol.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Thanks for the information. Are you saying the cars are going to have imperfections and issues from sitting so long? I worried about that too. And how would Honda even address that. Wouldn’t it be the same song and dance of “oh brand new vehicle, going to take time for people to learn this car, or even lack of parts” so how is Honda going to address this.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Thanks for the information. Are you saying the cars are going to have imperfections and issues from sitting so long? I worried about that too. And how would Honda even address that. Wouldn’t it be the same song and dance of “oh brand new vehicle, going to take time for people to learn this car, or even lack of parts” so how is Honda going to address this.
I’m sure we’re talking paint imperfections. My question would be, is every dealer going to accept, “guy on this forum talked to a Honda rep and he said you guys would take care of this?” 😂

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

Dude, you’re the man.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Ya after I replied I started thinking of paint issues too. This is a giant cluster fk.

I’m sure we’re talking paint imperfections. My question would be, is every dealer going to accept, “guy on this forum talked to a Honda rep and he said you guys would take care of this?” 😂

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe paint/exterior issues if any. Some weather conditions could contribute to other issues that might not seem immediately obvious.

My advice: When you get your car, inspect as much of it as possible. Check the exterior for any possible paint defects. Check for parts being flush and good looking. Anything you find, flag your dealer. They will fix it, you just dont want to find something after leaving the dealer that would be out of reason for them to want to fix it. Spend as much time as possible inspecting the car you are going to drop big money on. That should be the case with any car.

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
Thanks for the info @tuhroo ! While I think (and expect) things can still happen, this is a big relief hearing this information.
Sponsored