• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
When a car first comes in and it has all that plastic and everything on the paint. Is there a proper way to remove it or do you jsut peel it off slowly. What type of residue is left over. Maybe I’ll tell my dealer not to wash mine either but I also don’t want to screw up the paint myself by removing everything on the car from transfer.
Sponsored

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
For anyone who works at a dealership. If you pick up your car and it looks like this, is there any chance of them taking responsibility and paying for paint correction?

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
For anyone who works at a dealership. If you pick up your car and it looks like this, is there any chance of them taking responsibility and paying for paint correction?
Depends on the dealer. Most likely you will be referred to "their guy", which could go either way. I'm not positive about Honda but I've unwrapped a few Porsches and they use some kind of static so they just peel off. Kind of how your phone comes with that protective layer of plastic that just peels off.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Depends on the dealer. Most likely you will be referred to "their guy", which could go either way. I'm not positive about Honda but I've unwrapped a few Porsches and they use some kind of static so they just peel off. Kind of how your phone comes with that protective layer of plastic that just peels off.
I’m more talking along the lines of if you go pick your car up and it looks like UFO’s boost blue does there, surely they would take some sort of responsibility to fix that? Paint is never going to be perfect off the showroom floor, but that paint is HORRIBLE. Completely unacceptable.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I’m more talking along the lines of if you go pick your car up and it looks like UFO’s boost blue does there, surely they would take some sort of responsibility to fix that? Paint is never going to be perfect off the showroom floor, but that paint is HORRIBLE. Completely unacceptable.
Dont sign until they agree to fix it. This seems like the exception case though so hopefully no more have this issue.

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Totally agree. Just noting that customer service varies wildly between dealers. I think most would still send you to a detailer they work with often. My dealer agreed to deliver it pretty much right off the truck. Just do the pdi and no wash or anything.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
get ready! :doh:
paint1.jpg

paint2.jpg
Looks like your dealership had your car for a while and maybe washed it? If they wash the car when the paint is still new/soft, it's a no no...

I got mine off the truck and went thru PDI together to make sure they don't put a single finger onto the paint. Still have factory bumps but this is crazy...

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Guys, I don't think I'll make a big fuss about this with the dealer. it's partly my bad anyways for forgetting to tell them not to wash this car; In the global scheme of thing, it's nothing my detailer couldn't fix. Just want to make sure you guys know about this when you get your cars and dish out proper instructions to your sales/delivery person...pretty sure some of you grizzled veterans already instructed your sales not to touch the car and leave every spec of dirt on the car. For some reason, I was spaced out and completely forgot :bonk:

should get the car back hopefully tomorrow end of day.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
100% taking my car home with literally nothing taken off and it's going directly to my buddies shop for paint work, ceramic and ppf
Did the same. Except for ceramic. Smart man.
Guys, I don't think I'll make a big fuss about this with the dealer. it's partly my bad anyways for forgetting to tell them not to wash this car; In the global scheme of thing, it's nothing my detailer couldn't fix. Just want to make sure you guys know about this when you get your cars and dish out proper instructions to your sales/delivery person...pretty sure some of you grizzled veterans already instructed your sales not to touch the car and leave every spec of dirt on the car. For some reason, I was spaced out and completely forgot :bonk:

Winner :)

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5
Nice! Didn't realize you were scooping one up. You'll have to get a photoshoot with the LE and your new FL5
Will definitely be doing that, Justin. And thanks. The dealer was hoping I would want to trade in the LE, but that was definitely never in the cards :)

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR

Whatever they did to mess up your car is not your fault. They deliver all their cars to customers like that?

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
you don't even want to know...my brothers cbp fk8 came in, looked okay...but under lighting it looked gray

paint correction saves cars
Agreed, I have had my last 4 cars ceramic coated. The most important part or step is the paint correction. On a new car a stage 1 paint correction is all that is needed before applying the ceramic coat. Just make sure to find a good detailer. Anyone can apply ceramic but the polishing or paint correction is what make the car pop and not every detailer has this skill set. Don’t care how much you spend on a new car, paint from factory needs paint correction.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Whatever they did to mess up your car is not your fault. They deliver all their cars to customers like that?
If its the same person who washes the car, probably...
honestly, in the showroom, I couldn't see a thing.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
Paint correction on Honda? 🧐. lol I don't expect any real issues from sitting, but never know
Based on first hand experience I can confirm that some brand new vehicles sitting outside in the elements for any length of time may experience some sort of paint issues or blemishes based on acid rain, bird droppings, harsh UV ray exposure, etc.

I had a 2015 Shelby GT350 sit at a Ford assembly plant in Michigan for a number of months and after finally taking delivery of that vehicle many months later and doing an indepth black light inspection upon taking delivery I had to get a paint correction in order to correct many paint issues that developed on certain areas of the body over many months of sitting out in the elements.

Having said that, I have to give Ford credit for stepping up to the plate and covering the cost of my paint correction!

Let's hope that our FL5's keep moving in a timely and orderly fashion to the various Honda dealerships across the U.S. and Canada and hope that none of us will experience any factory paint issues upon delivery!

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations F0077-2

11th Gen Honda Civic East Coast FL5 Delivery Estimates/Confirmations F0077-1
Sponsored