• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Emissions System Problem

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Hello!

So I just took a couple of fun turns in my CTR FL5 and all the warning lights came on. I can't remember them all but some included: oil pressure low, emissions system problem, something about ABS I think. Either way, I parked the car and restarted it and the only warning light that is still on is "emissions system problem." My car has about 6500 miles on it. full tank of gas when this happened. Weather is about 50 degrees and car was warmed when I did this. Did not go anywhere near redline (maybe around 4500 RPM). Have y'all seen this? Suggestions? Things to look for?
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Hello!

So I just took a couple of fun turns in my CTR FL5 and all the warning lights came on. I can't remember them all but some included: oil pressure low, emissions system problem, something about ABS I think. Either way, I parked the car and restarted it and the only warning light that is still on is "emissions system problem." My car has about 6500 miles on it. full tank of gas when this happened. Weather is about 50 degrees and car was warmed when I did this. Did not go anywhere near redline (maybe around 4500 RPM). Have y'all seen this? Suggestions? Things to look for?
Pull codes and check.

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I dont have one of those, ill have to go to autozone tomorrow and have them pull the code. I am working till 11 PM today and have work all day tomorrow lol.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Google says the code is: B" Rocker Arm Actuator System Performance/Stuck Off.

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I donā€™t even know what the code means lol I looked it up and was like hmmmmm

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Oil was changed 1k miles ago

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
During break-in fragments may still exist in the engine and get stuck in the CCV's. This may be what happened, but it may not. Luckily the car is still under warranty, but these things also have their way of clearing up on their own. If you just had the oil changed then check the oil level. I believe you mentioned that you saw a message saying "low oil pressure". If the oil is low, then you will not have enough hydraulic pressure to actuate the CCV's. Start there. It's possible that they didn't add enough oil to your engine.

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Yeah the oil was past the line on the dip tester.

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Honestlyā€¦I looked like 10 times and the damn oil is so clear I canā€™t 100% tellā€¦it looks like it is but maybe slightly low? I canā€™t tell easily šŸ˜­

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
But code randomly disappearedā€¦

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Honestlyā€¦I looked like 10 times and the damn oil is so clear I canā€™t 100% tellā€¦it looks like it is but maybe slightly low? I canā€™t tell easily šŸ˜­
Just make sure that itā€™s at the right level with a paper towel tip. But that is the most important thing that its at the right level.
Sponsored