• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Emissions System Problem

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Okay I’ll do that! I looked at the paperwork from the dealership when I last changed my oil…said x 4 for the oil used…I’m assuming that is 4 quarts. Isn’t it supppsed to be 5? Anyone know?
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Believe 5.7 quarts is a full factory fill. Typically 5 to 5.5 quarts for an oil change.
This! Its almost 6 qts. The reason I ask all of this its that a lot of places mess these things up because they are lazy and don’t know. And low oil pressure will give you that code.

OP
OP

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Yeah I appreciate it!!! I’m going to the dealership tomorrow. Thanks!

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
My vote is low oil, hopefully a easy fix for you!

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Honestly…I looked like 10 times and the damn oil is so clear I can’t 100% tell…it looks like it is but maybe slightly low? I can’t tell easily 😭
Oh man - I just had flashbacks to my 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT with the orange plastic thing on the end of the dipstick. Does the FL5 have the plastic end to the dipstick? I haven't looked at mine yet, but now I feel the urge to go check my oil.

I ----ing hated that useless dipstick - especially with fresh oil. It was virtually unreadable.

EDIT: I just went and looked - ugh. Orange dipstick.🤦‍♂️ Clearly I am going to have to look for a new car now... :p

Last edited:

spiff72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I should also add that dealers not adding enough oil during an oil change is something that I am pretty sure happened to me with my last car (MK8 Golf R).

I got a warning message in the infotainment telling me I needed to add no more than 1 quart at my earliest convenience (which I did). I was then concerned that the car was using oil and did a whole dance with the dealer to check for oil consumption and found zero evidence of it -- either during the short interval that they did, or in my ongoing monitoring of the level.

I came to the decision that it was probably an incomplete fill at my previous oil change. That's one thing I learned about VWs (at least this one) -- they can actually monitor and warn about low oil levels.
Sponsored