• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Eventuri intake spotted

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 EVO 9 MR; 2022 RAM TRX; 2023 CW CIVIC TYPE R
i'd buy it just for the looks. i think it was the best performing intake (excluding the HVI) for the FK8.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
It was the best performing one for the FK8 from everything I've seen and priced commensurate with its CF build. I'd be interested in the CF crossover tube for my Pipercross.

OP
OP

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Interesting. I've been out of the game for a while. How's much difference are we talking about compared to say PRL on fk8?

Some other things to consider is that supposedly fl5/de5 airbox has less restriction and PRL's intake (whenever it actually finishes) will have the lower siphon. So I'm curious if Eventuri will have much value for mild builds vs those aiming for over 500whp.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Interesting. I've been out of the game for a while. How's much difference are we talking about compared to say PRL on fk8?

Some other things to consider is that supposedly fl5/de5 airbox has less restriction and PRL's intake (whenever it actually finishes) will have the lower siphon. So I'm curious if Eventuri will have much value for mild builds vs those aiming for over 500whp.
The difference will not be enough to justify its price difference for most people versus most reputable brands including PRL, Mishimoto, Injen, K&N etc.

If the absolute most HP available is your goal the. It is really the only intake to get.

MSUGeoman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R #2486
Looks cool but honestly, from my time modifying cars, I find it hard to believe there is much to be gained performance-wise beyond the stock intake with some nice silicone hoses to replace the ribbed flex section for 95% of owners. Just the sound change alone with a sprint drop in filter tells me there isn’t much in the way of restrictions in the stock intake tract. Love the look of carbon bits, but for my money, I’ll spend it elsewhere and get more 😁/$.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Looks cool but honestly, from my time modifying cars, I find it hard to believe there is much to be gained performance-wise beyond the stock intake with some nice silicone hoses to replace the ribbed flex section for 95% of owners. Just the sound change alone with a sprint drop in filter tells me there isn’t much in the way of restrictions in the stock intake tract. Love the look of carbon bits, but for my money, I’ll spend it elsewhere and get more 😁/$.
It will add 20/15 and have synergies w Phearable tune. They can take my cash right now.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Is there a price yet?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Pricing should be announced this weekend, but I presume similar price to the FK8 version or close to the GruppeM intake which is $1230.
Thanks. I used a similar logic but wasn't sure if they announced anything that I was unaware of.

Look forward to seeing what we think of it. It is likey the direction I go.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
This is my dream intake, maybe some day. Likely over $2k for the intake plus a carbon intake tube. Eventuri is huge in the BMW M world and what I would consider the gold standard.

kevinh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2019 Honda insight
Intake looks good interested in what the dyno results are and price.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Beautiful piece! I expect nothing less from Eventuri. Looking forward to them walking through the numbers.

Since the GruppeM intake is similar in design to the Eventuri intake, it's natural comparisons will be drawn. The GruppeM intake allegedly makes about 13whp and 23wtq peak on an otherwise stock car. There are areas of the powerband where the horsepower numbers exceed 20 and the tq exceeds 30.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Personally, I find the aftermarket air intakes more of an eye candy. Especially when it consists of carbon fiber pieces. The stock air intake already has a scoop behind the grill. I’m only referencing what Spoon made for the FK8 where the scoop itself is very big. I am waiting on the Spoon intake for FL5 to come out to compare with this one and GruppeM.
Sponsored