• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Never been a big fan of any car from patent images. They almost always look better with real wheels, paint, and comparing with a background. One thing is for sure... this civic will probably continue to handle very well, be very fuel efficient, and still fun.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
:) Going after the station wagon crowd in EU, I see. I like the tamer looks. Cleaner lines and looks more upscale. If it's hybridized and around $25k, I'd prefer this over the new Mazda3 hatch. Easier to hand-wash, too!

11th Gen Honda Civic Exclusive: 11th Gen 2022 Civic (Hatchback) Fully Revealed in Official Honda Patent Images 1601516770955

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Man, going back and looking at the 10th gen hatchback reveal. People were hating on that design and now they say the 11th gen is trash. Might be time to admit we’re part of the problem, so we can blame ourselves for the more conservative design.

I firmly believe the actual car will look good. It’s effectively a 5 door Insight and I think the Insight is the best looking of the current cars. I think this design will look the best in sport/sport touring trims.

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Why do you think they will bring back the Hybrid Civic when they have the Insight which is pretty much that.
Agreed. No hybrid.
The emissions requirements for auto makers are getting tougher in the EU (to a silly extent, TBH), and without hybrids and electric vehicles making up a large amount of the sales, no auto maker can escape the fines.

We don't get the Insight either, so a Civic hybrid would fit the bill just fine. From a cost-cutting persepective I think instead of making the current Insight fit EU requirements Honda will just incorporate the hybrid version in the Civic line-up. We already get the Jazz (Fit to you guys) only in hybrid guise... That's not to say that the hybrid version Civic would be sold elsewhere, especially where the Insight is already available.

Last edited:

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Here's my speculative take: we'll still have the 1,5 turbo in some guise. We are also bound to have a hybrid powertrain option and I guess it will be the 1,5 litre hybrid unit found in the 3rd gen Insight (ZE4) and not the 2,0 hybrid of the CRV. Some naturally aspirated versions for various markets also seem given and I also think the 1,0 turbo will continue to be offered as the entry level engine.
I would be very happy, if they improve the internals for 1.5T :)

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Honestly they could drastically improve the overall look of the hatch with just 2 changes... lose the rear 3rd window and give it back the floating spoiler/roof spoiler that the 10G comes standard with.

Fingers crossed the spoilers will be an option, the back end just looks way too plain without a little lip at the roof and the floating spoiler to bisect the glass. Unfortunately the rear 3rd window is just gonna have to hang around and give off it's wagon vibes :/ I'll be interested to see sport/si options and what they can do to spice things up.

ManualOnly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
I’m confused is this the regular 2022 civic sedan then? If not since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?
Either way it. It’s not too boring (Mostly Bc of the tail lights) and not too wild.

two more questions...

1-what’s the deal with the trunk? Looks like the rear glass will open up as well?

2- When will this be released? My current civic lease is up in May 2021. Any chance we see these available by then?
"since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?"
At least since 10th gen: https://automobiles.honda.com/civic-hatchback

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
Since the first generation

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Really wish Honda could make a hatchback look like a hatchback, with something akin to the GTI. Why do they always have to make it look like a sedan with a hatch. The proportions just seem so off with this. The 10th gen actually looks better. Especially in the front where it now looks too long.