• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Extended Range Fuel Tank?

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I know that's the technical capacity, i guess at the end of the day 12 is still tiny, and that's the literal capacity but most ppl refill when the light goes on which is around 10.

If you actually refill at 12 gallons every time, props to you, I rather save my fuel filter from going bad so I refill a little earlier.

*Edit* That Fuelly screenshot is for CTRs specially
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
I know that's the technical capacity, i guess at the end of the day 12 is still tiny, and that's the literal capacity but most ppl refill when the light goes on which is around 10.

If you actually refill at 12 gallons every time, props to you, I rather save my fuel filter from going bad so I refill a little earlier.

That Fuelly screenshot is for all civic models btw and not just civic type Rs...
I tried once but typically fill when the light goes on.

My previous sport compact was a 15 Lancer Ralliart and barely reaches 200miles on a 14.5 gallon tank. That was the definition of absurd.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
This is my main gripe with this platform. I fill-up every 3 days. I would love to fill-up only once a week. Range anxiety is real.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Exactly, what matters is that most people, using the avg mpg of 25, only get 250 miles or thereabouts until they have to refuel. Regardless of tank size, it's annoying..

On the plus side, thankful for how fuel efficient the k20c1 is, if this was an older Evo or STi we'd be getting terrible mpg.

nttran98

First Name
Nhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Exactly, what matters is that most people, using the avg mpg of 25, only get 250 miles or thereabouts until they have to refuel. Regardless of tank size, it's annoying..

On the plus side, thankful for how fuel efficient the k20c1 is, if this was an older Evo or STi we'd be getting terrible mpg.
What slightly bother me is that the B58 is more fuel efficient that the K20C1 all whilst making more power

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
B58 is just an amazing engine, can't argue with that.

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S and some others
The way I enjoy my ITS, I average ~14 mpg. It would be great if the car comes with a 20+ gallons capacity fuel tank. However, I suspect space would be compromised.

I doubt the cost to solve this is worth it to make it a product. I have found a good balance of enjoying the car for what it is, being able to acknowledge “flaws” but not focusing on them.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I get about 250 miles between fill-ups. I also usually fill up when the light comes on.

The FL5 uses the same fuel tank as the standard 1.5L Civic Hatchback that gets 35+ mpg. They weren't going to completely change the design of the chassis and re-certify with crash testing just to get a few more miles of range on a limited trim level.

Even if Honda made it a 16 gallon tank people would probably complain the car is too heavy!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I get about 250 miles between fill-ups. I also usually fill up when the light comes on.

The FL5 uses the same fuel tank as the standard 1.5L Civic Hatchback that gets 35+ mpg. They weren't going to completely change the design of the chassis and re-certify with crash testing just to get a few more miles of range on a limited trim level.

Even if Honda made it a 16 gallon tank people would probably complain the car is too heavy!
Fl5 tank is a different part number from the 1.5t.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I was wondering if there's been any effort to increase the volume of the fuel tank - would be very interested in the product since it's such a pain point for a number of owners.

It would be nice if something like Porsche's extended range fuel tank that's included in the 911s.
The only realistic way to mitigate this is to drive more efficiently. Which doesn't necessarily mean more slowly.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
And yet, still the exact same size.
Unfortunately yes. I think it has a larger recess for the center exhaust. I wish they added another few gallons of capacity.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I totally agree. I hate this fuel tank I drive a lot for work and fill up every other day. I even ran out of gas once. I know they say you shouldn’t but I got things to do. I am debating about getting another car to put this away but couldn’t justify a new car with no miles sitting in my garage.
Sponsored