• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Favorite Cleaning Products?

moborb

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Just picked up my Type R. Prior DD was a 2014 LS460. Huge believer in Chemical Guys, but now I have a bunch of leather cleaner/conditioner products that I can't use. :)

What do you all like for the interior Honda rubber/plastic? How about the fabric?

Last, wheel cleaner with the matte factory wheels???

Thanks folks!
Sponsored

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Just picked up my Type R. Prior DD was a 2014 LS460. Huge believer in Chemical Guys, but now I have a bunch of leather cleaner/conditioner products that I can't use. :)

What do you all like for the interior Honda rubber/plastic? How about the fabric?

Last, wheel cleaner with the matte factory wheels???

Thanks folks!
I still use all my regular products for the wheels car pro iron x. Did buy the chemical guys interior ceramic for fabric and its great. For plastic and rubber just mild soap and water.

Dustbunni

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R , 2023 Tesla Model Y
1. Touch up and maintenance cleaning interior
Koch-Chemie Polestar and Green star
2. Interior ceramic
DIY Detail
3. Wheel and tire cleaner combos
P&S Brake Buster or Adam’s polish Wheel and tire cleaner.

Other products I recommend everyone using every so offen
CarPro Iron C
DIY Detail decon towel.
Adam’s MEGA Foam
GSF from Koch-Chemie
Motorplast - Koch-Chemie (water displacement with natural shine for engine bay cleanings

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Car Shampoo: GTECHNIQ G Wash
Consumer Grade Ceramic Coating: GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Light + EXOv5 + C2V3 = killer combination
Tire Dressing: I've used just about every tire dressing under the sun and the best one I've used is GYEON Tire Q². It's a SiO2-based solution that works incredibly well. For best results, I heat up the tire wall before and after application.
Wheel Cleaner: TUGA Devil Special Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is expensive but works like magic. It requires very little to no manual intervention, especially on a coated wheel. P&S Brake Buster Total Wheel Cleaner is a great runner up.
Interior Cleaner: GYEON Q²M Interior or Nextzett Cockpit Premium Interior and Dashboard Cleaner.
Leather: GYEON Q²M Leather Cleaner Strong + GYEON Q² Leathershield

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Car Shampoo: GTECHNIQ G Wash
Consumer Grade Ceramic Coating: GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Light + EXOv5 + C2V3 = killer combination
Tire Dressing: I've used just about every tire dressing under the sun and the best one I've used is GYEON Tire Q². It's a SiO2-based solution that works incredibly well. For best results, I heat up the tire wall before and after application.
Wheel Cleaner: TUGA Devil Special Wheel Cleaner. This stuff is expensive but works like magic. It requires very little to no manual intervention, especially on a coated wheel. P&S Brake Buster Total Wheel Cleaner is a great runner up.
Interior Cleaner: GYEON Q²M Interior or Nextzett Cockpit Premium Interior and Dashboard Cleaner.
Leather: GYEON Q²M Leather Cleaner Strong + GYEON Q² Leathershield
I'll give those products a shot. Sort of fell into most of it by researching the stuff. Your endorsement closes the deal

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'll give those products a shot. Sort of fell into most of it by researching the stuff. Your endorsement closes the deal
:thumbsup:

For the best results I suggest using a proper foam cannon/pressure washer setup with the car shampoo.

ThanksGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I like to use Adam’s Polishes products for most things, plus it’s a local biz for me. Gyeon makes awesome stuff though too.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
chemical guys total interoir cleaner I found to be the best so far

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I've used many Chemical Guys products over the years and I'm not a big fan. The products are decent and are generally effective; however, there's better to be had. The CG game is agressive marketing campaigns on all channels and market saturation. The products are more of a gimmick than they are quality automotive detailing products.

I'm happy to pay up for products that work incredibly well. Even if they are expensive I find that you generally don't need to buy them that often unless you're being wasteful with product or you're washing a fleet of automobiles on a weekly basis.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I've used many Chemical Guys products over the years and I'm not a big fan. The products are decent and are generally effective; however, there's better to be had. The CG game is agressive marketing campaigns on all channels and market saturation. The products are more of a gimmick than they are quality automotive detailing products.

I'm happy to pay up for products that work incredibly well. Even if they are expensive I find that you generally don't need to buy them that often unless you're being wasteful with product or you're washing a fleet of automobiles on a weekly basis.
I agree better products out there, I use some chemical guys stuff but its not my go to.

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Also not a fan of Chemical Guys. I think they are decent, but overrated. I have been using Adams mega foam in my foam cannon and it is so much better than the Meguiars and Chemical Guys foam soaps I have previously tried. It costs a little more, but foams so well with the pressure washer that I end up using half as much.

I use Meguiars Endurance gel for tires. Goes on easy, lasts and is inexpensive.

Just picked up some Adams tire and rubber cleaner. Plan to use it mainly for my weather tech mats which are hard to clean even with the pressure washer. Weather hasn't been cooperative.

Mother's Acid free wheel cleaner when I need it. Though the black wheels are pretty easy to clean and I usually only use the foam soap unless they are really dirty.

Been using 303 interior cleaner and interior protectant, but not really happy with them I am currently looking for something different. I'll probably try something from Adams, since their products have been working well for me.

I have been using the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic wax and detail spray. I am happy with the performance, but I will be looking for a better ceramic product after I clay bar and do paint correction in the Spring.

I agree with paying more for better performance. I don't have a ton of time to clean and detail the car and the time savings from easier to apply, longer lasting products is worth the money.

OP
OP
moborb

moborb

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Thanks for all the insights!!!

I picked up the Adam's Mega Foam and will start using that. Also added the CG Hydrothread for the fabric in the interior. Have some Adam's tire, will keep using that. Also grabbed the exoforma permashine to experiment with.

For the paint correction/ceramic products, any good 101/how-to videos that you all like? I'll admit I haven't dabbled in this world yet.

Also, preferred drying options? Air dry? Towel dry?

Dustbunni

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R , 2023 Tesla Model Y
Just an FYI the products from DIY Detail are top notch. They have an interior ceramic spray that can be used with Alcantara as the other materials in the vehicle. This will give some extra protection.

As for the ceramic Adam’s graphine spray is super easy to apply and remove. DIY Detail has some ceramics that offer great protection. Both of them have tons of videos and podcasts on YouTube.
Sponsored