• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2017 Civic SI x2
If you follow the channel (Ososik Media), just purchase/took delivery on the 11th gen Civic Si. For the first real drive, I invited some old fellow 10th Gen Civic Si owners to join the ride. PhongVLG & SiKevzter. Click the link below to watch the full review and stay tuned/follow me on all social media platforms to see me build the new Si!

Next stop...DYNO for a baseline!!!

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Nice video. At 11:45 when he does the launch, why does the engine make a split second higher note sound in between gears? Is that the fake engine sound through the audio system that is making that sound more noticeable? Is that just rev hang, more noticeable because of the fake engine sound system?

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Nice video. At 11:45 when he does the launch, why does the engine make a split second higher note sound in between gears? Is that the fake engine sound through the audio system that is making that sound more noticeable? Is that just rev hang, more noticeable because of the fake engine sound system?
I think he's just doing no lift shifts that's it.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
It actually looks a bit quicker than I expected it to be. Can't wait to get mine, and tune it, should be more fun than my tuned cvt sport for sure!
lol what? it looks way slower....the 0-60 time alone was 8.5-9 seconds

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Those races were not too bad considering all the hate the 11th gen has gotten. The 10th gen looks like it pulls about 10hp harder, I'd say.

Keep in mind the 11th gen is not even broken in (so it should pick up a few HP over the next few thousand miles) and the 10th gen has a muffler delete, according to the video description. Eliminating those two factors in favor of the 10th gen should make it pretty damn close.

S2000toCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Those races were not too bad considering all the hate the 11th gen has gotten. The 10th gen looks like it pulls about 10hp harder, I'd say.

Keep in mind the 11th gen is not even broken in (so it should pick up a few HP over the next few thousand miles) and the 10th gen has a muffler delete, according to the video description. Eliminating those two factors in favor of the 10th gen should make it pretty damn close.
Yeah i’m wondering how much impact this has on the races. I know that cars’ fuel efficiency can improve once broken in, but i’m not sure if their acceleration improves as well. I’m hoping that’s the case.

Hopefully the muffler delete helped the 2020 as well. Even if nothing improves, it’s still not too bad.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
This is just my personal opinion so feel free to disagree with me. If you look around at other performance oriented cars in a similar price range, they tend to improve power with each generation. For me, that's the disappointment with the Si. It's a fine car and excellent handler. I just wish Honda would have given it a power bump and not just those welcome driveability tweaks.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
This is just my personal opinion so feel free to disagree with me. If you look around at other performance oriented cars in a similar price range, they tend to improve power with each generation. For me, that's the disappointment with the Si. It's a fine car and excellent handler. I just wish Honda would have given it a power bump and not just those welcome driveability tweaks.
Yep. The fact that it is, at best, marginally faster than the 8th Gen SI (in a straight line) is disappointing. Hell, the 8th gen was, basically, the slowest car in its class back then (GTI, MS3, Cobalt SS, srt4, etc.).

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2017 Civic SI x2