• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011)

Manny type r

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 fl5 honda civic type r
I can take a risk taking the car then problem could be worse ether way is a risk let them keep it or if I take it cause that's my ride every day but thanks for the advice appreciated
Sponsored

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I barely got past 1000 miles. Auto Rev-Match in Comfort works pretty well already, but I may try Sport and see if it is rev match faster. No CEL/MIL so far and the car is driven in a good blend of freeway and backroads.

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Well... Im at 4000 miles and the light came on again. Going to wipe it I guess on Monday :(

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Hey guys - need help. I don't even like the rev matching, so i would like to turn it off. All i see is the sport vs. comfort mode. You all refer to being able to turn it off... where/how to do that?
thanks!

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Hey guys - need help. I don't even like the rev matching, so i would like to turn it off. All i see is the sport vs. comfort mode. You all refer to being able to turn it off... where/how to do that?
thanks!
In vehicle setting.

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Hi guys I just buy the fl5 2023 honda civic type r and have the same issue wit the rev emission problem I take it to the dealer right away and after I wait for 2 hrs then they tell me they have to stay whit the car and give a loan car. They call me the next day and tell me they have to stay whit the car for 2 or 3 months cause is something wrong whit the vtec flow I realy don't know if is true but am very disappointed cause the car have only 1,500 miles is new why they can solve the problem in short time let see what's happen is no really fare.
What was the code?

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Since I got the same code as the first one, i'll just go to pepboys and
Wipe it. Sucks still.
Yea sucks big time. Not convenient at all but you should probably take it to the dealer every time it happens. Eventually Honda will send out one of their top techs to look at it. I forget the title for the position but an old coworker of mine left for that job. Field Service Tech maybe? Once it gets to that point I think they’re more likely to start throwing parts at it to fix it. If nothing else it’s better for Honda to know there is an on going issue.

Manny type r

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 fl5 honda civic type r
I didn't clear the code I just take back to the dealer next day they tell me it's something wrong to the vtec and the have to stay wit the car for 3 months. They told me I can take it whit me but I don't wanna take the chance cause the car is no really runs more than 50 miles I gonna talk to honda finance to see what they gonna do cause I trade my 2020 type r for this and now am stock I will post up days soon I get answers. Thanks.

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
I didn't clear the code I just take back to the dealer next day they tell me it's something wrong to the vtec and the have to stay wit the car for 3 months. They told me I can take it whit me but I don't wanna take the chance cause the car is no really runs more than 50 miles I gonna talk to honda finance to see what they gonna do cause I trade my 2020 type r for this and now am stock I will post up days soon I get answers. Thanks.
So... what was the code? I think I asked this twice already... mine was p0011 camshaft timing issue. Honda will wipe the code again anyway...

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Emission and Rev-matching System Problem (P0011) 20230219_141619

OP
OP
Village911

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Yea sucks big time. Not convenient at all but you should probably take it to the dealer every time it happens. Eventually Honda will send out one of their top techs to look at it. I forget the title for the position but an old coworker of mine left for that job. Field Service Tech maybe? Once it gets to that point I think they’re more likely to start throwing parts at it to fix it. If nothing else it’s better for Honda to know there is an on going issue.
Mastertech maybe. Well they can't do anything with my issue anyway. They ran all the tests and everything was fine. Please see my earlier posts!

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Mastertech maybe. Well they can't do anything with my issue anyway. They ran all the tests and everything was fine. Please see my earlier posts!
I read your posts. There is usually a master tech at each dealer. The position I'm talking about is a regional one and they travel from dealer to dealer to fix the problem cars that the regular techs can't fix (or don't get paid enough to fix). If you take it back enough times they will likely get that person involved to try to dig deeper into the issue and see what's going on. It's your car and you can do what you want but if you want it fixed unfortunately it's probably gonna have to spend some time at the dealer.
Sponsored