• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Paint Quality

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I have heard Honda in recent years switched water-based paint that is super thin. I wonder how well the paint on your FL5 is holding up against natural elements so far.

I took delivery of my FL5 a month ago. Drove it home as soon as possible and had no plans to drive it until after having the car detailed and PPF when the atmospheric river is over.

In the meantime, I really enjoy the interior and looking at the awesome wide body. But the paint seems to leave much to be desired. I did not seem to think so until I spot the piano black side skirt had water spot that did not make sense.

It is very hard to take good photos for this sort of thing at times. It appears I have several chips, some spots more difficult to get this quickly than the others. There are a few on the hood on the passenger side where it starts to bend down towards the fender. There are some close to the corner of hood extractor garnish towards the windshield as well.

It also looked like there was a spot on the driver's side corner of the hood, where somebody didn't catch a mistake before the clear coat.

I am hoping a Detailer is able to address most of the paint, but I am also planning to ask the dealer if necessary. This is the first car I ever experienced this sort of thing.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Paint Quality 20230108_155323

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Paint Quality 20230108_023014
Sponsored

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
I never had any paint problems with my Si. Cars always get a few spots in transit. That's why my first stop is always a professional detailer to get a paint correction.