• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
To start, I like all the type rs, from ep3 to fl5.

⚫Fl5 reminds me of other cars too, like a simplified porsche or simplified fseries bmw m, but it also reminds me of stuff like CHR.

11th Gen Honda Civic Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV 23f0
~~~~So the CHR, was introduced after xgen civics' release, always reminded me of the xgen civic, but only the C styled tail light design likewise seen in other brands Kia EV6, 8th gen hyundai sonata, etc.

Since fl5 release, I've noticed even more similarities.
Fl5 has, like CHR:

1. Cleaner rear bumper edge design compared to fk8 (like CHR, no more large supercar like artificial vents like fk8)
2. Apparently taller bumper height (like CHR; fk8's lights were larger, so bumper didn't appear to ride up as much)
3. Small bumper garnishes (like CHR)
4. Squished lights (similar to CHR, whose tail lights look like a smaller version of xgen civics')
5. Integrated wide body (unlike fk8, and like the CHR)

11th Gen Honda Civic Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV 1699980448053

11th Gen Honda Civic Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV 1699980442483

11th Gen Honda Civic Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV 1699981842527

11th Gen Honda Civic Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV 26ab
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
You started one thread on the FL5 rear bumper which I'm still not sure what the objective was. Do we need another thread on this?

OP
OP

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
You started one thread on the FL5 rear bumper which I'm still not sure what the objective was. Do we need another thread on this?
This thread is about the whole rear end, and the front end in some way

Similar to how we have had one thread on a rear bumper mod, then a different thread on a front bumper mod

11th Gen Honda Civic Fl5 rear reminds me of Toyota CHR SUV 1699981877906

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Circling back to that first thread. I like the FK8, truly. The styling is just not for me or I would’ve bought one…which I contemplated MANY times. I still be looking at them when I see them! Variety is a good thing!

@Civiz You know you’re poking the bear, man. And you know where this is going to lead, especially on an 11th gen forum, right? Someone will make a thread comparing the FK8 to a Gundam toy or to Transformers (probably already been done elsewhere). That would be unnecessary clutter, much like this thread. But it’s the internet and people like to post anything/everything…you know…to get people talking about it.

OP
OP

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
Circling back to that first thread. I like the FK8, truly. The styling is just not for me or I would’ve bought one…which I contemplated MANY times. I still be looking at them when I see them! Variety is a good thing!

@Civiz You know you’re poking the bear, man. And you know where this is going to lead, especially on an 11th gen forum, right? Someone will make a thread comparing the FK8 to a Gundam toy or to Transformers (probably already been done elsewhere). That would be unnecessary clutter, much like this thread. But it’s the internet and people like to post anything/everything…you know…to get people talking about it.
I like that the fk8 resembles gundam though, and I I've even posted that comparison myself, and cited it as an apparent plus/good thing

..and there's nothing wrong if fl5 appears to be similar to a CH5 (both have curvy design language too)

OP
OP

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
The only similarity I see is that both use brake pads and 4 wheels. 🤦‍♂️
No worries.
To many looking on the cars same time it may be obvious, but maybe to a minority of people, not so obvious

OP
OP

Civiz

First Name
Linton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wilkis
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rui