• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Roof peeling?

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
Hello!
Got my FL5 around week and half ago but noticed some sort of peeling going around the edge of the roof on both sides of the car.... it's garage kept and can't imagine it to be the clear coat peeling already... anyone else notice something like this?
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Roof peeling? IMG_6814
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Roof peeling? IMG_6810
Sponsored

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Appears to be left over residue from paint protectant film that is used on roof and hood of car during shipping. My roof had a ton and I still don’t think after going to detailer for ceramic that it was all removed. Guess I can live with it on a white car as it’s hard to see.

OP
OP

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Appears to be left over residue from paint protectant film that is used on roof and hood of car during shipping. My roof had a ton and I still don’t think after going to detailer for ceramic that it was all removed. Guess I can live with it on a white car as it’s hard to see.
Oh damn didn't know that it was actual film, had thought it was some sort of water soluble substance when it comes from manu. Thanks for the reassurance...

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
It's leftover sprayed on film that's still on your car.

Around the edges was hard to get off on a few spots on my car. My friend who does detailing helped me and he used a product called TarX which with a nice microfiber was able to get off the stubborn spots.

The spots you are showing it are definitely where the edge was on mine. About 1" from the sill.

OP
OP

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
It's leftover sprayed on film that's still on your car.

Around the edges was hard to get off on a few spots on my car. My friend who does detailing helped me and he used a product called TarX which with a nice microfiber was able to get off the stubborn spots.

The spots you are showing it are definitely where the edge was on mine. About 1" from the sill.
Gotcha, will look at getting that. Thank you!

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
As others have said its the sticky residue. I had the same problem, but it was all on the hood (I have pictures if you want to see them) I took it back to the dealership and they took it off.
Sponsored