• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 Spare Tire ?

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
So this is the kit that comes with all FL5s sold in Brazil:

Compress_20231017_214358_8455.jpg
* Moving to Brazil *

Too bad all FL5s don't get that, especially for the purchase price. People get flat tires ya know.

:doh:

djl526blue

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'm planning to go with the Modern Spare version which I'm sure will work just fine. And at less than $500 complete, it is even reasonably priced. I'm just going to tuck it under the tie down net or bungee cored it into the corner of the trunk which is plenty large. But this is so much more of a finished look. It's a shame it's not offered for North America. I'll now have had three cars with no spare tires and I've had to cobble together a solution for each. Yes, cars to get flat tires. Ask me how I know.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought one of the space savers from an 05-12 Acura RDX off ebay for $127 shipped which I thought was a fair deal. It was never used and came with the center retainer screw.

It only fits the rear since the front brake caliper is so large... so for a flat front tire, it would take a bit more swapping around.

The tire is nearly even height wise with the factory tire. It looks like the lugs would have to be the sleeve type rather than the factory tapered nuts.

Now all I need to do is get a good scissors jack and lug wrench. The tire raises the whole floor up a bit but I'm going to build a new floor where I can store smaller things on each side.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? DSC_0063.JPG

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? DSC_0065.JPG
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? DSC_0073.JPG
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? DSC_0074.JPG
11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spare Tire ? DSC_0077.JPG

* Edit * I went to Pick a part and got the perfect slotted scissors jack to fit the lift point for $6 with the handle in a padded bag. :thumbsup:

For the lug wrench, I'm just going to pack a 1/2" drive breaker bar and the appropriate socket. Now just need to remove the floppy plastic floor and construct a new one to fit over the tire, which uses the side pockets for additional storage.

Last edited:

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR
So this is the kit that comes with all FL5s sold in Brazil:

Compress_20231017_214358_8455.jpg
Hi, I realize this is coming from some rando on a car forum but if you could please find and post the part numbers for all of that under your trunk lid, I'm sure just about everyone here would appreciate it :) Us USDM boys even have a slot for that warning triangle in our trunks but honda just decided we don't get one

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8

DRGN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 FL5 CTR

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc3, 2021 fk8
Thanks, missed that. However, the FL5-specific warning triangle isn't in that diagram. Could you please post the part number for it? The generic honda warning triangle 08M09-S2K-001 comes in a black box rather than a red box
Yeah. I'll need to ask the Honda parts guy for that info.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well unfortunately the PN for the warning triangle is missing in Honda's system. It's the only item back there not listed anywhere.

IMG-20240415-WA0038.jpg
A flare kit is better and probably safer anyway ....
Sponsored