• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I've been wanting to try this for a while and finally got around to it. You may be able to do this another way, but this is how I got my exhaust valve in the open position, then pulled the fuse.

While the car is turned off, I unplugged the connection to the valve at the rear muffler, then plugged it back in. This triggered the valve to open. Then I unplugged the exhaust valve fuse in the engine bay.

No check engine lights, exhaust sound is a bit deeper and louder, especially at low revs, where the valve would normally have been closed. Sounds good imo. I'll post some in-car video with better audio soon, for now here are a few outside shots:

IMG_0797.jpg
i unplugged the valve hardness at the muffle and plugged back in, but valve no movement...any idea?

OP
OP
TheTopher

TheTopher

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Okay, I figured it out - the trick is to ignition on in-between.

So, car is off, valve is closed:
1. Pull fuse, ignition on, ignition off.
2. Replace fuse with the car off, valve should open. Then you can pull the fuse again and you're all set.

I drove for a while with the valve unplugged, that's why when I plugged it back in, it immediately opened. This way you don't have to get under the car and can just do everything in the fuse box.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682

2. Replace fuse with the car off, valve should open. Then you can pull the fuse again and you're all set.

I drove for a while with the valve unplugged, that's why when I plugged it back in, it immediately opened. This way you don't have to get under the car and can just do everything in the fuse box.
Hell yea!!
that did it.
thanks again my kind sir!! :)

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 stock exhaust valve: Fuse pulled/always open - exterior sound clips 1680222971611

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
i unplugged the valve hardness at the muffle and plugged back in, but valve no movement...any idea?
Did you try pulling the active valve fuse in the engine compartment too as suggested by TheTopher? Didn't work for me. I'm wondering if there's a ground/bias in the valve harness. If so, maybe disconnecting the battery after disconnecting the muffler's valve and then re-connecgting it after the battery connections has been re-established would re-cycle the valve to an open position, and then removal of the fuse would leave it open. Just a theory. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

GREAT! Thanks for the update!!!

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839

Holy... all can be done in the fusebox...

I can't wait to try this out tmrw morning XD

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Just did this in the morning. A little throatier at idle. Now need to head out to work and see how it sounds at constant highway speeds. Nice simple mod to play around with.
Thanks OP!

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Just did this in the morning. A little throatier at idle. Now need to head out to work and see how it sounds at constant highway speeds. Nice simple mod to play around with.
Thanks OP

Last edited:

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thanks OP
How did it go out on the highway after the change?
Sponsored