• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
While out on a bike ride, I stopped to check out the new ITS (dealer was closed). The sticker price was 63k with dealer installed accessories, Whoever pays 63k for this car is insane in my opinion. There was mis alignment between the hood and the front fascia, also since the car was white, you can see gaps at the rear fender extensions which are tacked on. Though my FK8ā€™s (41k car OTD) rear fenders are also tacked on, my car is black so you canā€™t really see the gaps. Not interested at all of letting go of my FK8 for this ITS, maybe Iā€™ll let it go for a FL5 if a decent deal (close to MSRP) in the future comes up.

IMG_2855.jpeg
Dealer installed accessories raised the Type S to $60k before taxes for my brother. Plus it was the demo car. Although he really enjoyed the test drive, he walked away at that price. Local BMW dealer had an M240i x-drive at $58k. He didnā€™t love the car so walked away from that as well.
Sponsored

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
@savagegeese In your Type S video, you guys mentioned it not being a track day car. However, it seems like you guys were having a blast.

If Iā€™m just going to be doing 1-2 track days a year for fun and maybe an auto x or 2 do you foresee any issues with me going Type S over Type R?

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Zero issues but swap brak
@savagegeese In your Type S video, you guys mentioned it not being a track day car. However, it seems like you guys were having a blast.

If Iā€™m just going to be doing 1-2 track days a year for fun and maybe an auto x or 2 do you foresee any issues with me going Type S over Type R?
E

No issue however if you're going to 20 minutes sessions at a minimum you should have brake fluid done and potentially better pads other than that it's good to go

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I don't own one, but it's been mentioned that heated steering wheel and glasses holder are not on CTR in Canada. I don't think the heated seats are there either.

I'm going to pick up the ITS today. I was curious if they include the mud guards in Canada. I saw the showroom vehicle with it but other cars that haven't gone through PDI didn't. Will find out soon enough.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Can anyone confirm if the following is also on the type R? As a Canadian My Type S also came default with:

heated steering wheel
Heated seats
Sunglasses holder
those are not existent on the R.
read the thread I quoted you in the reply in the Canadian thread.
also those little things are the reasons I am leaning towards the S vs R.
small amenities make a diff and both cars largely drive the same.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
those are not existent on the R.
read the thread I quoted you in the reply in the Canadian thread.
also those little things are the reasons I am leaning towards the S vs R.
small amenities make a diff and both cars largely drive the same.
I can see why some would want those features, but for me, part of the attraction to the R was its simplicity - manual seats, spartan (but nice) interior, no heated or ventilated anything, no moonroof, no auto-dimming rearview mirror, no parking sensors (USDM), etc. etc. Less is sometimes more, especially in a car like the R. It reminds me of older cars, and I like how it's so focused and uncompromising. The ITS is nice, but as I've said after driving it, not special in any way to me. It's in no man's land in terms of trying to be both sporty and luxury. It's not sporty enough like the R and not luxurious enough like its competitors. So it misses the mark for me, personally. Of course others will have different opinions and preferences and like it over the R. That's fine.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree that it's a situation of what makes sense for the driver. I think both of these cars are driver focused cars, just one with some more comfort additions.

I've had my ITS for a day now, put on over 100km in that time already on local roads in west GTA. Some things I've noticed, considering my last car I enjoyed was the 2L type-R swapped Acura 1.7EL with coilovers, polyurethane engine mounts and suspension bushings that I tracked:

- it's a very comfortable suspension when you want it to be
- it's not as stiff as what I'm used to but it feels no less precise
- I don't need or want something more stiff as roads in GTA just suck, I have two young kids and I have joint and back issues now...lol
- I think below 2500rpm there's still a lag compared to my un-tuned k20a NA which has less torque/power in a lighter chassis, but that could also be because of all the poly bushings that reduced damlening
- if you keep it above 2500rpm, it's quite potent and I don't notice throttle lag (even while I'm keeping it under 5000rpm during break-in).
- definitely faster than my old car but just less raw and direct. The old car gave me some whiplashes on hard acceleration while being slower. This car gets past speed limits almost too fast, before I've realized I'm having fun. Lol
- power driver seat is definitely for someone like me and I do find it's the most comfortable seat I've sat in for longer period (I did really like CTR seat though for the 2min I sat in it). My wife thinks this car cares about no one but the driver, which is reflected by the manual passenger seat.
- The material on the seat keeps me in place pretty well. To the point that I have to adjust my shirt on entry and exit
- Power dimming mirror is something I've learned to live in the Hyundai Tucson but where Acura failed was not putting in homelink so I had to dig up that ugly garage opener cus I don't want to leave it outside (maybe I'll do that mod)
- I wish I had CTR gauges so I can really nerd out in front of my family and friends, but I don't think it's a deal breaker
- heads up display is pretty nice...my first time using one. It has speed, speed limit, navigation turn by turn, and safety warnings
- I will enjoy heated seats in the winter. I remember always freezing in my old car
- no rear wiper (some do the delete on CTR) which is a cleaner look
- lifting stroller into the trunk is more effort than CTR, but groceries won't fall out when the hatch opens if you over pack...lol
- I can get used to the nicer interior
- exhaust is noticeably different and the child in me really likes the subtle pops and burbles. I only used to hear them a bit in my old car on very hot days with windows down
- shifter is very nice so far. I just want to shift all day for no reason. Though I often get reverse lockout. I thought it was stopping me when parking brake was on but then it let me go in reverse a couple times.
- CTR shifter I tried felt smooth and less notchy with less resistance. I've only tried one CTR and two ITS engine on and off.
- this car is 5" longer than CTR. It just fits in my garage. It's pretty tight. I think it's more pointy at the front and rear diffusers stick out more?

Overall verdict...I think I'm sticking with this car. I don't think I want to tempt myself with a CTR, unless I can make back money to switch, which I think won't happen. I think I'm having a blast in it and my family is happy with the ride so far. So everyone is happy which is what I was after for many years. I couldn't settle in a replacement for many years and this is something I can stick with for a long time to come (mods will happen along the way of course).

Sorry for the lack of organization, it's a bit of a brain dump.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Is it crazy to use either of these as a daily driver in the north east?
These types of vehicles will get around decently in the Northeast. I survived a rough winter in Boston with a Civic Hybrid. I would suggest an appropriate set of tires for the colder temps and inclement weather. Just be prepared to deal with everything else that comes with driving a car in the winter months in the Northeast.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Definitely doable, just make sure to have either decent all seasons or a winter tire setup.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all good. But you left out one important thing. Will typeR4life now be typeS4restofmylife?
šŸ¤£ Fair enough. I should see if I can change it. I picked that handle nearly two years ago because I put a deposit and was so sure that I'd get one within a couple months of release. I'm actually signed up on Integra forums as slo_its. Lol

Is it crazy to use either of these as a daily driver in the north east?
Not at all. I winter drove my k20a swapped Acura. Was lowered by two inches on coil over. It was more raw and a harsher ride than the ITS, but I'm finding the ITS to be perfect for what I'm looking for. We get a pretty decent amount of snow. I think I got stuck once with my old car but that was cus of poor snow plowing dumping snow in the middle of the road. Make sure to get good winter tires. I was at a winter track event and this guy brought an Infinity rwd with nearly bald summer tires, had to get towed 4 times trying to do one lap. I don't know how he even made it up there. Don't be like that guy. Lol

I'd say that for some, the CTR might be a bit harsher than they'd like for the roads they typically drive. So look at that aspect too.

For the CTR, they wanted to make a car that's for the people that grew up with these cars but now have families and need 4 doors. They wanted it to be accessible to any car lover and be your one car for kids, groceries but can track every other weekend or however much you'd like. There's no reason to avoid it at all.
Sponsored