• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front Plate Mount Options - FL5 Type R

OP
OP

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I had the Sly Brackets shipped. Hopefully will have the car towards end of December and see how well it works out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Mine came with a tow hook in the glovebox but I have been unable to find any location for it on the front. The rear diffuser has a removable section on the driver's side which is likely the hook spot.
On the FD2 the tow hook was underneath the car, half an arm length back, and not built into the crash bar. Chances are this is the same.

If so, you'll need 'tow' stickers indicating where it is if you go on track

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Not sure how the law is over there, but if the cop decides to be a dick, not sure if he can write you up twice for 1)having no front plate in the required location and 2)having it in the wrong place. Probably better to just not have it on at all. NY requires a front plate, but I just have it in the rear and the police never bothered me about it.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Trying something that may work. It technically is 'attached' to the vehicle. It's a static window sticker of the plate. Cost $12 at Vista Print. Worth a try. Will keep the real plate in the car and see how this goes.

PSX_20221125_154354.jpg

PSX_20221125_154444.jpg

PSX_20221125_154514.jpg
That isn’t legal in Ontario
The law clearly states the front plate must be mounted to the front of the car.
You will get a ticket IF a cop cares enough to pull you over.

OP
OP

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lucky-ookami and modular cal mentioned The Sly brackets.

Bought it and installed the front plate today. Here are some pics.

Observations are:
- quality is nice
- the front lower mesh grill is fairly flexible so installed it closer to the side (to try and take advantage of the grill perimeter being stiffer) but couldn’t slide it too far over otherwise the structure behind the grill would be impacted by the threaded stud
- sticks out about 1/4”-1/2” further than I would like. Will look to shorten the standoff when I have more time

11th Gen Honda Civic Front Plate Mount Options - FL5 Type R 6030738E-A197-4CE1-82AB-61CDDF1F902C

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
@TDC50 will that block air going to the intercooler?

OP
OP

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TDC50 will that block air going to the intercooler?
Yes a little but the factory grille opening is huge and the car is being used on the street so engine wont be stressed thermally.

If you were to track your car with one of these brackets on it is a simple case of removing the four small screws that hold the plate on so as not to block the grille at all. The bracket is machined aluminum so would imagine it would withstand many disassembly/reassembly operations

openeyesignal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 CRV
I imagine you could probably mount it or slide the bracket more to the side as well to free up some air flow. Or is this as far out as you could get it?

OP
OP

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I imagine you could probably mount it or slide the bracket more to the side as well to free up some air flow. Or is this as far out as you could get it?
Here is a pic showing a constraint and how to overcome it so you can move the bracket more to the side. With that said the grill does start to angle more as you get closer to the perimeter

11th Gen Honda Civic Front Plate Mount Options - FL5 Type R 2B2CDB65-BFB7-4EBA-BB0F-21CA65E19301

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I haven't had a front plate on my rsx and seeing a front plate on the CTR, and how it blocks the air intake to the radiator, I think I will just take my chances and eat a 25$ ticket if I do get pulled over. If it does ever become a hassle I will go with the slybrackets.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I haven't had a front plate on my rsx and seeing a front plate on the CTR, and how it blocks the air intake to the radiator, I think I will just take my chances and eat a 25$ ticket if I do get pulled over. If it does ever become a hassle I will go with the slybrackets.
Yep. I never had a front license plate in over 20 years. Got pulled over for speeding once and cop made a comment about how he was nice and wasn't going to tack on a front plate Violation. Only time it was ever mentioned, I have had a lot of tickets over the years..lol

OP
OP

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here in Nassau County Long Island the ticket is $50…….plus about $200 - $250 in fees so adds up to around $250 - $300!!!!

Bunch of crooks in NY

OP
OP

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Alfa I never had the plate on. The Type R draws a bit more attention so playing it safe

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
My Alfa I never had the plate on. The Type R draws a bit more attention so playing it safe
Never thought I'd see the day where a Civic draws more attention than an Alfa 😂
Sponsored