• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Front Plate Mount Options - FL5 Type R

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Trying something that may work. It technically is 'attached' to the vehicle. It's a static window sticker of the plate. Cost $12 at Vista Print. Worth a try. Will keep the real plate in the car and see how this goes.

PSX_20221125_154354.jpg

PSX_20221125_154444.jpg

PSX_20221125_154514.jpg
Hey Corey, how'd you manage to get one of these? I personally don't run a front plate anymore as I feel this would bring more attention than having no plate at all.

Also, nice to see another Ontario member :)
Sponsored

FL5 4WIN

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW Civic Type R, 2014 Track FRS
Hey Corey, how'd you manage to get one of these? I personally don't run a front plate anymore as I feel this would bring more attention than having no plate at all.

Also, nice to see another Ontario member :)
I ran it for a few days then thought as some members suggested might end up drawing more attention if they thought it was a real plate and the dangers of it being lose in car.

I just keep the real one handy in the car and see how it goes. I live close to the Quebec border, and they don't require front plates so the police around here see lots of cars on road with no front plates.

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
Hello! Any updates on alternative options for front license plate relocation? Donā€™t have mine yet but wondering if thereā€™s a cap somewhere I can take off and screw in a relocation kit

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Bumping this thread so that we get more ideas coming in and lesser bumpers being drilled.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Can we start a thread on what to do if the dealer drilled holes despite your request?
I don't mind as long as it answers our questions haha.

JAMSXR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63
Iā€™m hoping the Euro spec cars donā€™t drill through the bumper. Due to the position it looks like clipsā€¦

11th Gen Honda Civic Front Plate Mount Options - FL5 Type R FCE0A773-595B-4778-9447-D170BD092533

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Iā€™m hoping the Euro spec cars donā€™t drill through the bumper. Due to the position it looks like clipsā€¦

FCE0A773-595B-4778-9447-D170BD092533.jpeg
I know with the US plate, it is drilled for sure, but the small divots for the drill points are actually in the black plastic of the lower grill, not the painted part of the bumper itself. So while there are still holes, it is very likely not terrible once removed. If you look closely at the front grill on any 22-23 model, youā€™ll see the small drill points.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
the small divots for the drill points are actually in the black plastic of the lower grill, not the painted part of the bumper itself. So while there are still holes, it is very likely not terrible once removed.
Can confirm. I looked at photos my local Detailer took when he was applying PPF to the car. If the front plate mount is already on and want to remove it, the screw holes are not anywhere as much of an eyesore compared to a standard painted bumper cover.

qwertypop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000, 2022 Sienna, 2023 FL5 Type R
My friend likes sto n sho for his car. May look into that option when itā€™s made available for the FL5. One already exists for the FK8 so hopefully itā€™s only a matter of time.

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2021 Type R,
The front plate for the FL5 doesnā€™t drill into the front bumper. Thereā€™s a bracket behind the grill that it goes into. Honda listened and made sure the front plate frame doesnā€™t go into bumper.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Looks good. I bought a Sly Bracket about a month ago and have yet to put my front plate on. šŸ¤£

I really donā€™t want to and Iā€™ve seen many others without it, so I really donā€™t feel a lot of pressure to do it immediately. I think itā€™s one of those things where if youā€™re caught doing something dumb AND the cop also sees that you donā€™t have a front plate, youā€™ll get fined for it. Itā€™s similar to having window tint that is beyond legal. You probably wonā€™t get a ticket for it unless you get pulled over for something more egregious.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
The police in my area have ticketed me in my AP1 before, so I don't want to risk it. :(
Sponsored