• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Geico Policy Holders beware

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Unfortunately Geico has chosen to raise rates for a long time customer, with almost 15 years with NO accident, NO Tickets, No Change to mileage a year, NO Change to credit, NO Change of address, No Claims, NOTHING!!! Over $800 a year more for the same insurance coverage! Just found out today. When asked, they told me it was across the board for anyone with the same car. 2023 FL5. Absolute, BS. I paid less per year for a brand new Porsche 997 twin turbo. Please donā€™t tell me itā€™s just inflation! ! A few bucks I understand, but over $800 a year ? BS. Will be searching for new insurance next week. A absolute travesty for someone with a Souped up Civic. No offense. Itā€™s still only a Honda. ! You would think Iā€™m driving some kind of Super Car šŸ˜‚
Regards
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I had to switch a few years ago as well as insurance is only going up for drivers and the excuse is always that they have to make money due to all the other drivers accidents they have to pay for. Fuck that! Why am I forced to pay for other peoples shitty driving?

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I had to switch a few years ago as well as insurance is only going up for drivers and the excuse is always that they have to make money due to all the other drivers accidents they have to pay for. Fuck that! Why am I forced to pay for other peoples shitty driving?
Their reply was, the Cost to fix something for that model car ! Total BS

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR
Just shop around. I sue insurance companies for a living and they're all vary degrees of garbage when it comes to paying out your claim. Just get quotes for the same level of coverage from all the major players online and/or use a local agent (my recommendation) to shop every six months for you.

I'm through AAA now who have been very reasonable in their rates, with a nice discount for paying a 6 month policy term in full up front.

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Interesting I have Geico but I usually pay in full so I'm now wondering what will happen when it comes time to renew
Unfortunately you will find out ! Please let us know if they pulled the same BS with you, when your renewal hits ?
Thank You

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I have insurance through Costco and I pay around $437 a half for 3 cars including my Teggy

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Unfortunately Geico has chosen to raise a long time customer, with almost 15 years with NO accident, NO Tickets, No Change to mileage a year, NO Change to credit, NO Change of address, NOTHING!!! Over $800 a year for the same insurance coverage! Just found out today. When asked, they told me it was across the board for anyone with the same car. 2023 FL5. Absolute, BS. I paid less per year for a brand new Porsche 997 twin turbo. Please donā€™t tell me itā€™s just inflation! ! A few bucks I understand, but over $800 a year ? BS. Will be searching for new insurance next week. A absolute travesty for someone with a Souped up Civic. No offense. Itā€™s still only a Honda. ! You would think Iā€™m driving some kind of Super Car šŸ˜‚
Regards
Try progressive, they set mine up as a civic touring instead of a type R

ThunderPigeon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Crystal Black Pearl Civic SI
Geico sucks. They pulled this crap with me a number of years ago. Doubled our rates with perfect driving records. BS excuse that they paid out too much. Now I have Allstate and they didn't even raise my rate more than the standard couple of bucks per renewal even after I had an accident that totaled out my previous car. Granted, the accident was 0% my fault and I even got my deductible covered.

Geico also tries to make you use their repair centers where they use used and non-OEM parts.

Geico and State Farm are on my insurance blacklist. Geico sucks and State Farm race swapped Jake, so F them.

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Geico sucks. They pulled this crap with me a number of years ago. Doubled our rates with perfect driving records. BS excuse that they paid out too much. Now I have Allstate and they didn't even raise my rate more than the standard couple of bucks per renewal even after I had an accident that totaled out my previous car. Granted, the accident was 0% my fault and I even got my deductible covered.

Geico also tries to make you use their repair centers where they use used and non-OEM parts.

Geico and State Farm are on my insurance blacklist. Geico sucks and State Farm race swapped Jake, so F them.
So who do you use now ?
Thank You

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
As @balucipher said, go thru a local independent agent. Iā€™ve done this for the last 15 years and have a great relationship with my current agent. They not only search for the best insurance rates, theyā€™re also great at offering advice about deductibles and things of that nature. Give it a shot. I think youā€™ll be pleasantly surprised by the level of personal service versus just being another number when you call or email a random Progressive/Geico/other big name company agent.