• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
all they have to do is build 10k of them lol
Sponsored

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I like my cars built in Japan, I find the metal doesn't rust as quick, just my opinion though. Shipping time will add more delays though for N. American customers. I've got a WRX waiting there to be shipped to me and it takes some time for that.

I wish Honda would have made some effort to get the weight lowered and not increased, but there is always challenges with that I know.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I work for Honda in Canada,and ive been told that all R (worldwide) will be produced in Japan only,so now everything is starting to make sence that we are getting a very low allocations for canada...
Oh man! This is truly exciting! I know it might not help with numbers but love how this last ICE Type R is sticking to Type R roots and going out with a JDM bang! Honda...again...take my money!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I work for Honda in Canada,and ive been told that all R (worldwide) will be produced in Japan only,so now everything is starting to make sence that we are getting a very low allocations for canada...
Fingers crossed that this means "for the first year only" or something. I was hoping that having two factories churning them out would alleviate some supply issues we've seen in the past. Unless I'm mischaracterizing the issue and supply for the FK8 was actually fine

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
3900lbs? Jesus. AWD system?
My FK8 is around 3100lbs
I was here to say just that. My LE is 3,071 lbs...if the new R is 3900 lbs, that's ~30% increase in weight! I won't believe this until I see a production model, just doesn't make sense.

Edit: Boostlag corrected what that number means in the above post. So this number is not curb weight

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I still don’t buy the “limited numbers” speculation. They said that about the last one and they just kept churning them out.
Sponsored