• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Honda Canada just confirmed on Twitter that the 2022 Civic Si will only be offered in a sedan version.

No word yet whether this applies to the U.S. Civic Si but given the unqualified wording and the parallels between the U.S. and Canadian markets, it seems this will be true for all of North America.

This also puts in question the availability of a manual gearbox on the 2022 Civic Si since the standard 2022 Civic sedan does not come with a manual transmission option.

11th Gen Honda Civic Honda Confirms 2022 Civic Si Will Be Sedan Only 2022-civic-si-sedan-only-twitter-confirmation-honda-canada

Source: Twitter
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Honda already stated that the Si would be manual only during the sedan reveal. So I don't think anyone has anything to worry about, unless the honda reps were just blatantly lying. Honda definitely is missing a chance at making an Si hatch... they could've done a manual only si sedan and made the sport touring hatch into an Si touring with manual and auto options and would've made a lot more people happy having both a more scaled down Si on offer as well as a fully loaded option.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Honda already stated that the Si would be manual only during the sedan reveal.
That is correct.

They've also stated (back when the Si/CTR was debuted and again a couple years back --if only I could find the sources to back it up) that they are keeping the Si as a sedan and the Type R as a hatch for target market reasons

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
That is correct.

They've also stated (back when the Si/CTR was debuted and again a couple years back --if only I could find the sources to back it up) that they are keeping the Si as a sedan and the Type R as a hatch for target market reasons
Honda is super conservative so same old same old wouldn’t be a surprise. I won’t buy the 11th gen sedan though, I don’t need an Accord.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback sport
Damn I called this month ago assuming Honda would disappoint. Looks like I won’t be trading in my Si for a hatch after all..

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
There’s a huge price gap between a loaded Sport Touring (~$30k) and CTR (~$39k) for Honda to slot in a mildly-hot hatch. Other manufacturers have been and will be targeting that price point. A detuned 2.0T on the Accord makes 252hp, right? Go out with a bang, SiR!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Since the sedan is 6 months ahead of the hatch they could release an Si hatch next year. Honda Canada wouldn’t know about it if so. But I think Honda will disappoint.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The only way I'm trading in my 10th gen Si sedan for an 11th gen is if it's an Si hatch.
No Type R? It seems a little more nice inside and stealthier outside so I’ll consider a Type R. Although I’m sure Honda will put a massive spoiler on it and ruin the stealth aspect.

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
I think Honda is leaving a lot of money on the table by not making a hatchback SI, especially now that the coupe is gone. I have an '18 sedan SI, but would have preferred a hatch, and I think the coupe buyers would prefer the hatch over the sedan.

I hope that at least they give the SI sedan the sharper nose from the hatch.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I think Honda is leaving a lot of money on the table by not making a hatchback SI, especially now that the coupe is gone. I have an '18 sedan SI, but would have preferred a hatch, and I think the coupe buyers would prefer the hatch over the sedan.

I hope that at least they give the SI sedan the sharper nose from the hatch.
They're leaving much more money on the table making the Si and Type R manual only. So they obviously don't care.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
Welp time to move to Toyota I guess.
Reason why I picked up the A90 Supra lol

The only way I'm trading in my 10th gen Si sedan for an 11th gen is if it's an Si hatch.
Since the sedan is 6 months ahead of the hatch they could release an Si hatch next year. Honda Canada wouldn’t know about it if so. But I think Honda will disappoint.
Only CTR in hatch, Si in sedan. Confirmed last night

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Honestly hate that the Si won’t have a DCT/CVT option. Atlanta traffic is truly not the place for a stick.
Sponsored