• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Honda Hack / Root: 11th Gen - Work In Progress Discoveries

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
DEE10AFA-F6EF-4175-AB19-C812E29EC864.jpeg

Woah! By sheer accident, I found this menu. From the self diagnostics menu, I held “Back + Power + Previous”
Sorry, from the Detailed Information and Setting menu
Sponsored

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
I’m going to make a flow chart with all possible combinations for button presses in all the menu options. I’ll post my findings when I figure it all out

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Brute forcing the menu!
Someone’s gotta do it. Might as well do it myself. There’s obviously more to the menu than we thought if I found a menu that wasn’t on this thread by mistake

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Someone’s gotta do it. Might as well do it myself. There’s obviously more to the menu than we thought if I found a menu that wasn’t on this thread by mistake
I think there might be something with hidden buttons on screen as well.

It’s also very possible that the adb functions are locked down by a USB key of some sort.

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring

It’s also very possible that the adb functions are locked down by a USB key of some sort.
It would show up as a device if it was plugged into then. The ADB mode just provides no power to the USB, meaning no data. I could probably probe the data+ and data- pins on the USB port to see if any data voltage is detected. If it is, then it needs power

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring

Hidden buttons? Can you give me an example?

OP
OP
eric__

eric__

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring (Meteorite Gray)
E3514AFA-1C43-498A-B3B0-34DBEE4C4493.jpeg

this is for the 9”display. It’s nowhere near complete
this is good work, nice to see all the options granted by different key presses. I’m certain there’s got to be one more combination we are missing to unlock ADB.

but I also know that Panasonic has taken a larger stance on cybersecurity in their radios which explains why they are locked down way tighter. In more modern cars with tons of computers, you don’t want the radio being the weak link into the CANBus into hacking the whole car.

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
this is good work, nice to see all the options granted by different key presses. I’m certain there’s got to be one more combination we are missing to unlock ADB.

but I also know that Panasonic has taken a larger stance on cybersecurity in their radios which explains why they are locked down way tighter. In more modern cars with tons of computers, you don’t want the radio being the weak link into the CANBus into hacking the whole car.
I learned something. Android based head units have a specific way for testing applications and entering ADB mode. Apparently, using another Android device, you can tunnel in using the AOA (Android Open Accessory) protocol. I’m hoping I can use my rooted Android device to tunnel into the head unit

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
I learned something. Android based head units have a specific way for testing applications and entering ADB mode. Apparently, using another Android device, you can tunnel in using the AOA (Android Open Accessory) protocol. I’m hoping I can use my rooted Android device to tunnel into the head unit
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I figured it out!! Go to general settings -> system -> about -> tap the build number 10 times. You’ll now have the developer menu available!!!

Jamieden

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
I’m now going to attempt to use my rooted android phone with a terminal to initiate an ADB connection

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I figured it out!! Go to general settings -> system -> about -> tap the build number 10 times. You’ll now have the developer menu available!!!
Lol. Yep that works on all Android devices

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST
While you're in there, scroll down to Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale and set them all to animation off. This will make inter-screen transitions faster and snappier.

You may also check the settings in the Default USB configuration menu to see if any of the options available are useful.

Lastly, I don't know if the setting called "Force allow apps on external" helps the cause.
Sponsored