Sponsored

Honda won’t give me engine data

Bootyfett69

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
48
Reaction score
29
Location
Ya moms
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5 Type R
I got the rod bearings replaced.

The techs I had were really cool but they all but said the warranty was gone. They said I could potentially get a “good will” exception but I’ve heard that the GM in the area loves denying claims

Who knows
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

cyirush

Member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Threads
6
Messages
43
Reaction score
16
Location
Long Beach CA
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise; 1968 MGB; 2016 Nissan Leaf
I got the rod bearings replaced.

The techs I had were really cool but they all but said the warranty was gone. They said I could potentially get a “good will” exception but I’ve heard that the GM in the area loves denying claims

Who knows
Were the bearings damaged? Assume this was on a FK8 or FL5 motor?
 

Bootyfett69

Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Threads
8
Messages
48
Reaction score
29
Location
Ya moms
Vehicle(s)
2025 FL5 Type R
Were the bearings damaged? Assume this was on a FK8 or FL5 motor?
FL5 but it’s the same motor as the FK8

cylinder 4 bearing had an extremely light indentation, the tech said it’d probably be fine but he didn’t feel it was worth the risk.

I felt the same way and replaced all four. I wanna say it was like $1200 all said and done.

Only other thing I did was two oil analysis one on 3k miles and the other on 5k. Drove it pretty hard before each of them and they both came back clean
 

johnloov

Senior Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
447
Reaction score
496
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
FL5
How did you know the rob bearings were damaged before opening the engine up?
 
OP
OP

cyirush

Member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Threads
6
Messages
43
Reaction score
16
Location
Long Beach CA
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise; 1968 MGB; 2016 Nissan Leaf
That's F'd up it was stolen. Just curious of how 🤔 wondering if there's some preventive measures one could do? I'm new to current Type R's
Yes, there are, none of which I did. There’s good info on here and other places like the Type R Facebook group.

First, as I found out, the factory alarm is useless. Didn’t go off even tho’ they broke the window. And they were able to get bypass the immobilizer.

Here are some of the things owners do - faraday bag for the keys, lock on the obdii port, kill switch, fancy security system like IGLA, steering wheel lock, air pods or other tracking devices in the car.

None of these are full proof of course.
 


Civic_Type_R_

New Member
First Name
Jacob
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Washington
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Appreciate it, just started looking at the IGLA and OBDii port locks. I got the Faraday pouches and Faraday box (at home use). Might be dumb, was thinking about talking to a seamstress and having a inner pocket lined with Faraday fabric.. idk haha. Just a random thought. I looked at a potential kill switch. I had one on my 86' yota.. cause every fuckin Toyota key for like a decade would unlock and start every fuckin Toyota.. lol. It actual kept my truck from being stolen 😎
Again sorry about your car. Hopefully Dirty Mike and the boys didn't mess it up to bad!
Yes, there are, none of which I did. There’s good info on here and other places like the Type R Facebook group.

First, as I found out, the factory alarm is useless. Didn’t go off even tho’ they broke the window. And they were able to get bypass the immobilizer.

Here are some of the things owners do - faraday bag for the keys, lock on the obdii port, kill switch, fancy security system like IGLA, steering wheel lock, air pods or other tracking devices in the car.

None of these are full proof of course.
 
OP
OP

cyirush

Member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Threads
6
Messages
43
Reaction score
16
Location
Long Beach CA
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise; 1968 MGB; 2016 Nissan Leaf
Appreciate it, just started looking at the IGLA and OBDii port locks. I got the Faraday pouches and Faraday box (at home use). Might be dumb, was thinking about talking to a seamstress and having a inner pocket lined with Faraday fabric.. idk haha. Just a random thought. I looked at a potential kill switch. I had one on my 86' yota.. cause every fuckin Toyota key for like a decade would unlock and start every fuckin Toyota.. lol. It actual kept my truck from being stolen 😎
Again sorry about your car. Hopefully Dirty Mike and the boys didn't mess it up to bad!
Make your pants theft proof!
 

Civic_Type_R_

New Member
First Name
Jacob
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Washington
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Make your pants theft proof!
I'm thinking it would work? I wear 511 pants and the fob fits nicely in a inner pouch.. The idea is when i leave the car, the fob goes in the lined pouch of the pocket.. and when getting to the car, just move out othe pouch in to the main pocket.. I'll get some Faraday fabric and try it at some point in the near future. It'll probably have to be removable. I dont think it'll be ideal to used in a washing machine. The fabric is cheap tho.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top