• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Let's face it, dynos vary wildly. And it's hard to compare one dyno result to another. Me, I just want to see some real world 0-60's and 1/4 mile times.

Still though, a stock Si will never have amazing 0-60 times due to that needed upshift to 3rd.

Having said that, all the reviews are basically saying it's a blast to drive and an improvement over the 10th so props to Honda.
Sponsored

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Let's face it, dynos vary wildly. And it's hard to compare one dyno result to another. Me, I just want to see some real world 0-60's and 1/4 mile times.

Still though, a stock Si will never have amazing 0-60 times due to that needed upshift to 3rd.

Having said that, all the reviews are basically saying it's a blast to drive and an improvement over the 10th so props to Honda.
This is important to remember.

People keep getting worked up over random YouTube videos that prove very little. Like a car full of three grown men and keyboard warriors are timing the 0-60.

Thatā€™s to say nothing of the fact that the Si has never been a comparatively fast car in 0-60 or 1/4 miles. But everyone who drives it (unless it was a 9th gen :p) loves it.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
After reading the MT story and seeing all the other reviews that have come out so far. I have to say, I believe the MT piece is just a lets get a jump on everyone else and put something out. I don't see a reason for Hondata / Ososik to lie, but I do see a reason for period mags to. MT sited no actual source info, besides trust us. The simple fact that many people extracted great numbers from a 1.5L, that was supposed to be crap talks volumes, just look at the Accord. Plain and simple, you don't buy a Si because you think your the fastest on the block, you know it. But more than anything, it's being able to extract the max from the best engine posable at it's price point, with expertise craftsmanship!

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
The very first thing this article states, " Test numbers are kind of our thing here at MotorTrend. We've been recording new-car performance metrics longer than anyone else, and the ever-expanding pile of data is a cornerstone of our brand. That said, we're going to ask you not to overly concern yourself with our test results from the new 2022 Honda Civic Si's evaluation." Nuff said...

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
ā€˜Momentum carā€™ is actually a great shorthand for what has always made the good Si cars so fun.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
For anyone who hasn't read it, here's the article with the numbers
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-honda-civic-si-hpt-first-test-review/.

Like the article said, it's a "momentum car", not an engine car. If that's what you're into, I'm sure its a pleasure to drive.
The MT piece is about as fair as it is going to get. I know it is a fine car because I have a CivicX and it is a fine car that I still enjoy every time I drive it. I just see no compelling reason to move into the new one. Thatā€™s the disappointing part. But if you donā€™t have one, or have high mileage, or car hop frequently, or just want to take advantage of the hot used market (assuming the dealer isnā€™t squeezing you the other end, ok). The way I have my car set up, I would not trade and donā€™t think the new one would be any improvement. But a fine car, that will be fun to drive. Sure, Iā€™m certain it is those things. As the Integra will be too. Fine. Just fine. I might own one down the line, but Iā€™m not lining up for it.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
The new, and a bit larger twin scroll turbo almost guarantees that. I can't wait till the tuning comes out and shocks people, I fully expect something near 250 whp and stupid torque numbers with just 93 octane tuning soon.
Thatā€™s already what a CivicX does on a 93 tune.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Ososik's videos are the best data points I've seen so far. He ran several races against a 10th gen Si and both are pretty much equal. His dyno runs showed some high numbers but towards the end that was explained as differences between different dyno's and test methods. Bottom line: the new engine is good, but not much different from the 10th gen.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
The MT piece is about as fair as it is going to get. I know it is a fine car because I have a CivicX and it is a fine car that I still enjoy every time I drive it. I just see no compelling reason to move into the new one. Thatā€™s the disappointing part. But if you donā€™t have one, or have high mileage, or car hop frequently, or just want to take advantage of the hot used market (assuming the dealer isnā€™t squeezing you the other end, ok). The way I have my car set up, I would not trade and donā€™t think the new one would be any improvement. But a fine car, that will be fun to drive. Sure, Iā€™m certain it is those things. As the Integra will be too. Fine. Just fine. I might own one down the line, but Iā€™m not lining up for it.
This. Couldn't have said it any better.

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2017 Civic SI x2
Ososik's videos are the best data points I've seen so far. He ran several races against a 10th gen Si and both are pretty much equal. His dyno runs showed some high numbers but towards the end that was explained as differences between different dyno's and test methods. Bottom line: the new engine is good, but not much different from the 10th gen.
Thanks for watching. Seeing the two graphs after the race against a stock 10th gen really show how much it matches up.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
As an American I'll say I'm happy to trade fog lamps and heated seats for a stiffer chassis, far superior flywheel and a fatter torque curve any day of the week! People complaining about creature comforts being gone and superior performance being added seem petty to me.
In Canada, ALL TRIMS have heated seats and mirrors...