• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How is your CarPlay experience?

How is your CarPlay experience on the FL5?

• Total voters

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
I never have issues with it, except for the few times the screen got all pixelated. Otherwise, it works great.
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621 - sold | 2023 CTR #16980
I can't live with the delays and slow inputs of wireless so I only use wired Carplay. That being said, I have not tried wireless Carplay after disabling the Factory Navi
It makes a difference. 👍🏻

Greas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2010 Evo X
I had a strange issue yesterday with Android Auto. Following the advice on this board I disabled the navigation and everything was indeed smoother. But yesterday during a drive my Google Maps navigation kept ending (not crashing) after about 10 seconds no matter what I did. Wired or Bluetooth - it didn't matter and ended automatically. Also, trying to start navigation from the car touch screen resulted in a "something went wrong" error.

I messed with a bunch of settings and the only thing that worked was re-enabling the vehicle navigation for some reason. :dunno:

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
I had a strange issue yesterday with Android Auto. Following the advice on this board I disabled the navigation and everything was indeed smoother. But yesterday during a drive my Google Maps navigation kept ending (not crashing) after about 10 seconds no matter what I did. Wired or Bluetooth - it didn't matter and ended automatically. Also, trying to start navigation from the car touch screen resulted in a "something went wrong" error.

I messed with a bunch of settings and the only thing that worked was re-enabling the vehicle navigation for some reason. :dunno:
This also happened to me. I was having AA connection issues, I read that disabling navigation helped the issue. I did so, but from then on, I could open Waze or google maps, start a route, but the route would cancel itself a few seconds later. So they were both unusable. I re-enabled navigation and it's been working fine ever since.

walnut

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R CW
This also happened to me. I was having AA connection issues, I read that disabling navigation helped the issue. I did so, but from then on, I could open Waze or google maps, start a route, but the route would cancel itself a few seconds later. So they were both unusable. I re-enabled navigation and it's been working fine ever since.
Can confirm this happened to me too with Android Auto, it seems disabling navigation may only help CarPlay users

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
It would cutoff and then disconnect completely, but only at the same location during my commute. Everything is fine after reconnecting it again. Read other posts that it could be interference from nearby buildings. Still happens even if I disabled its own nav app.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
I used Android Auto for a good 6 months with no issues and switched to Car Play. Haven't ran into any purple screen/issues at all during my ownership of the car/phone
Sponsored