• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How is your CarPlay experience?

How is your CarPlay experience on the FL5?

• Total voters

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
How was your CarPlay experience been?

Have you disabled the in-car navigation?

What percent of the time does it connect normally?

How often do you experience hiccups with the system?
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
What issues are you people having? I have Android Auto via Fold 5. The experience isn't exactly flawless, but it has been as solid as I can recall.

I don't get much feedback from clients having issues with wireless carplay or wired carplay lately. So, for the most part, it must be smooth sailing.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I use the Waze app and have had issues with the screen going purple and/or glitched out very frequently. I disabled the navigation app and it has removed that bug for the most part.

This is the first car I've owned where I had an Iphone and utilized Carplay so I can't say if it's a specific issue to this car or Carplay in general, but oftentimes it takes a while for Carplay to initialize once I start the car. There are also many instances where the song/podcast will not play until I physically hit the play button on the phone. If I do not, I'll just drive in silence until I hit the next track button since there seems to be no play button anywhere in the car.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I use the Waze app and have had issues with the screen going purple and/or glitched out very frequently. I disabled the navigation app and it has removed that bug for the most part.

This is the first car I've owned where I had an Iphone and utilized Carplay so I can't say if it's a specific issue to this car or Carplay in general, but oftentimes it takes a while for Carplay to initialize once I start the car. There are also many instances where the song/podcast will not play until I physically hit the play button on the phone. If I do not, I'll just drive in silence until I hit the next track button since there seems to be no play button anywhere in the car.
Is your phone up to date? Apps too?

Daniel Boffa

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Had the same issues with Waze going purple, very frustrating. I ended up just not using Waze anymore. Recently I disabled the in car navigation and that seems to have solved the issue. But started using Waze again yesterday. Apple Maps never had a problem.

I also get the same issues with getting a podcast or songs to play through Spotify sometimes but very very rarely, it just takes me closing Spotify and reopening it for it to be fine. But I’ve often wondered if these issues are on the App side or Honda side though. I’m no expert but Apple car play and android auto are all hosted on the phone and just projected onto the screen. I find it hard to blame to car but again what do I know.

Overall I’m happy with it

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
Had the same issue being referenced regarding the screen freaking out while using Waze, I disabled the Nav and boom, have not had any issues since.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Yep, Waze problems - hadn't thought of turning off the in-car nav which I don't use... otherwise smooth sailing with wireless iPhone (14 & 15).

I do wish I could set it to default to the Now Playing tile.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have android and have never had a single issue. Does it seem to be IPhone specific? If not it seems that you hear about more owners having issues with Apple CarPlay as opposed to Android Auto.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
What issues are you people having? I have Android Auto via Fold 5. The experience isn't exactly flawless, but it has been as solid as I can recall.

I don't get much feedback from clients having issues with wireless carplay or wired carplay lately. So, for the most part, it must be smooth sailing.
Not sure if the issues are OS specific, but you'll find most users (>80%) are likely using iOS. I have both, but have never used CarPlay. No issues with Android Auto.

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I have an iPhone 13 and use wireless apple CarPlay. For whatever reason, at certain places and the same places each time, my CarPlay with disconnect from my phone and/or freeze. Otherwise, if I am not in those places, it’s fine. I think one of them is near a private airport; but the other one, I have no idea why it does it at that street intersection.

sashimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5
I can't live with the delays and slow inputs of wireless so I only use wired Carplay. That being said, I have not tried wireless Carplay after disabling the Factory Navi

Ohlins8990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E34 535i
I have occasional issues with Pandora, but usually fixed by restarting the app on my phone. I dis have one issue where the was no audio at all. Not CarPlay, not FM, not anything. Restarted the car at a light and it fixed itself. No apps disabled here and occasionally swap to my partners phone on AndroidAuto.