• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How to check tire pressure on FL5?

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Right. All my wheels/tires had sensors too. The problem is that the TPMS system in the car could only calibrate to 1 set of sensors at a time. So to calibrate to my winter set, I’d have to go to the shop. Then when spring came along, I’d have to go back to the shop again to calibrate back to my spring/summer wheel/tire setup. The FL5’s TPMS “lite” system, negates these complications…which I guess you’ve never experienced?
I have the exact same problem with my Odyssey when swapping winter/summer sets...real PITA.
Sponsored

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
In my opinion, TPMS is for normy's who don't ever physically check tyre pressures ie. non-enthusiasts. Anyone who gives two shits about their cars will know when a tyre is low and be able to attend to it in time.
With the number of times I swap tyres/wheels I would hate to have to swap sensors/purchase extra sensors every time I add a set of wheels to the collection - an absolute pain in the back side.
I'm glad the FL5 doesn't have sensors in the wheels.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
In my opinion, TPMS is for normy's who don't ever physically check tyre pressures ie. non-enthusiasts. Anyone who gives two shits about their cars will know when a tyre is low and be able to attend to it in time.
With the number of times I swap tyres/wheels I would hate to have to swap sensors/purchase extra sensors every time I add a set of wheels to the collection - an absolute pain in the back side.
I'm glad the FL5 doesn't have sensors in the wheels.
Everyone is allowed to post something foolish once in a while...

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Are you one of aforementioned normy's?
No, but unlike you, I don't feel the need to flex on a forum. Flexing is weak, especially when you back it up with nonsense like in your post, which comes off as both insulting to the many enthusiasts here and also foolish. I'm sure you also go "kicking" your tires to see which has lost pressure and can visually tell a few PSI loss just "by looking" at a tire. A true Alpha is here folks...

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Wow…this really escalated quickly.

We’re talking about manually checking tire pressures vs direct sensors. It is what it is. Cars have tires. They need air. There’s pros and cons to sensors. There’s pros and cons to manually checking. Whatevs!🤣

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Wow…this really escalated quickly.

We’re talking about manually checking tire pressures vs direct sensors. It is what it is. Cars have tires. They need air. There’s pros and cons to sensors. There’s pros and cons to manually checking. Whatevs!🤣
There is no "versus" - they both have their use. I've used Longacre Racing gauges for years to check my pressures for normal/street use as well as at the track. I also like having active TPMS sensors to see my pressures and tire temps in real-time. To state that TPMS is only for non-enthusiasts who don't "give two shits" about their cars, is very shortsighted and ill-considered. Some people like to flex both on car forums and at the track. Such people, in my experience, end up looking foolish in both places.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Delete - weird repost error

Last edited:

darth vader

First Name
darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (FL5)
Seems FL5's destined for my shores doesn't even have the indirect TPMS systems fitted which is a great shame as I consider it crucial for a high performance car. Early warning and not finding out sooner rather than later detract an significant amount of comfort.

Really can't understand who would spec our version without circumference monitoring at minimum.

Asking if it can be retrofitted even at cost also didn't yield any result.

My car was delivered with front left at around 2.4 bar, others at 3.25 to 3.35 bar. Deflated them cold and suspected slow puncture until checking later with no further change apart from slight temperature variations.

Last edited:

Andromedas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If majority of your use is tracking, then sure it's more convenient to not have to deal with TPMS swapping around wheels.

I would still prefer it has TPMS as most nails cause slow leaks and I want to see if there's a tire that's slowly losing air on start-up in the morning whether I need to plan to visit a tire repair shop.

If it bothers someone enough when switching around tires, I'm sure they can remove the sensors and fuses for the warning light. There's really no excuse to not include them other than cost savings from Honda.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Andromedas Yeah, some form of TPMS should be mandatory for the FL5 for all regions…ESPECIALLY considering it doesn’t come with a spare! Wtf Honda?🧐

darth vader

First Name
darth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R (FL5)
I am even considering Michelin Track Connect with Cup 2's but system is around $499 without rubber/fitment.

Tread wear for road use also doesn't make it an economical option.
Sponsored