• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Speaking of adhesive…

Im glued to my phone watching this progress because, not only am I a service tech for Honda, but since these accessories are new to us too, I’ll be doing the same thing on my hatch, so thx btw ??

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Ok I opened up some room. I may go back behind with nuts to make sure these don't back off. I used a flat head screw driver against the back side to keep these from turning so I could fully tighten them .. Got it ?

Attachments

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, Don't try this unless you have alot of time to waste ?.. Have your local dealer install it ???

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)
Okay, Don't try this unless you have alot of time to waste ?.. Have your local dealer install it ???
I appreciate the time and pics in this thread man! As a Honda Service Tech, we read the new install manuals sure. But seeing it done on the forums beforehand is very helpful! The manuals give 3D illustration, whereas live pics work wonders!

Especially since I’ve already ordered this for my BB. (F-ing backordered tho)

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I did leave out a few things. Like the hatch shocks install upgrade that was included with the spoiler. Removing and reinstalling the hatch interior trim piece held with 2 screws in the handles. Kinds hidden. And I scrapped the rubber seals and put silicone adhesive because the space was very tight to work them in between the metals.
Sponsored

Attachments