• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I need to know which one of you is out here buying Type R’s for 70k

OP
OP
elisalsa24

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Unfortunately, you will be waiting a long time ! MSRP is now almost 45k with the paint add. So add tax licensing and doc fees and come back if you find one for $50k out the door. As they say in China, So,Sorry never happen, but good luck regardless. Kind Regards
I got my FK8 at 47k it’s definitely possible you just have to wait

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Try New England states; based on my research so far, they're the ones with the lowest ADMs.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Lol... It's another post about this topic. Love it.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I paid about that could have much more expensive cars wanted this one hell I "downgraded" from 80k C8 to this FL5. If you can get M2 etc all day at msrp that goes to show you what the market thinks about those cars vs this one and consequently what future values will look like.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
After I finally received my BB Type R (Badge No. R-00577), I kept hearing an intermittent and faint noise that I couldn’t initially localize. This evening while vacuuming the front floor mats, I found the culprit, a crumpled 32 oz. 7-Eleven “Big Gulp” cup wedged beneath the driver’s seat. Curious as to where it might have originated, I conducted an exhaustive, global search of 7-Eleven stores. None appeared near the trucking and rail lines between the West Coast Destination Port and my dealership. Likewise, there are none along the Minami-Yori railway between Yorii and Tokyo. However, directly across the street from the Honda manufacturing plant where my Type R was assembled in October 2022 is, you guessed it, a 7-Eleven. See map. Now for the truth, none of this true, but given what seems to be a heated exchange regarding ADMs, I thought a little (maybe even miniscule) humor was needed, and hopefully kick off everyone’s weekend on a positive note.
11th Gen Honda Civic I need to know which one of you is out here buying Type R’s for 70k Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 9.41.45 PM

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Every dealer has this car at a minimum 20k markup. Is anyone buying these cars and if you are buying it how can you smoke so much crack and have so much money? At 70k why don’t you by cars worth 70k?
Haha this guy again. I thought I already told you that this is the FL5 forum not the FK8 forum.

Also…if you guys are ever wondering what kind of POS keys your brand new FL5 look no further.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
50k is my limit out the door I don’t want to pay 10k over on this car I guess just cause I have the FK8 it’s just annoying to deal with Honda dealers lol. Sorry if that didn’t make sense earlier lol.
edit:seeing them at 20k over really is what’s blowing my mind and tbh when I paid 10k over I honestly felt some buyers remorse even though I love the car I do feel like I could’ve gottensomething where the infotainment doesn’t crash everyday
You should look for another vehicle then if 50k is your out the door price. That is your problem to begin with. If the car is msrp 44999 give or take, with tax title and license alone you'll be right at 50k. Maybe a little bit under. So yeah, your not going to get it at msrp. No one is. Look for something else. Or throw down money to get it at that out the door price your looking for. Also if your a serious buyer, like the other guy said you show up and negotiate in person. Not over the phone. Everyone is going to puff you and tell you it's 20k over etc. And like the other guy said this topic is so old. lol very annoying. lol

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yeah I understand that but like I said either ya got it or don’t , I paid a good markup on mine I don’t care I enjoy driving the shit out of it
Amen to that man. Same here. I showed up, had a game plan on how to negotiate it. I felt comfortable with payment and the rest is history. Love this machine. Such a blast shifting through gears.

Tkellyho

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R 2019 F350
Yeah just the sheer joy it puts on my face Is worth it for sure enjoy it brother!

Amen to that man. Same here. I showed up, had a game plan on how to negotiate it. I felt comfortable with payment and the rest is history. Love this machine. Such a blast shifting through gears.

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Yeah just the sheer joy it puts on my face Is worth it for sure enjoy it brother!
Thanks man. The weather finally cleared up here in Texas. Been driving it all day. About to go get groceries here. Give it the beans. lol What a machine! Enjoy yours to man. Cheers.

2017civicext

R-15474
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Civic Sport Touring
Mine was advertised at 72K out the door when I just called them asking about price. I drove my FK8 into the dealer and talked with a manager and they were able to get me down to 10K over which I was happy about, especially knowing the CW was my 1st choice color wise. I haven't regretted it one bit. Absolutely love the FL5.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I love it. People are ok getting screwed out of 5k,10k,20k Lmao.
I love it. People are ok getting screwed out of 5k,10k,20k Lmao.
10k ADM and I cry every night thinking what my dealership is spending that cash on.

These kind of replies and OPs post should just stick to Reddit. Not everyone here is sad about paying an ADM. if you think you’re getting one of these for MSRP anytime soon you’re delusional
Sponsored