• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Do we know for sure this is a Type S or Type R Integra? If Type R would be interesting. And I don’t think this thing gets more HP than CTR unless It’s badged a Type R. The TLX Type S only makes only 355 hp there not gonna have it almost the same.

Ya there is no way this thing will have more HP than the CTR unless it is an Integra Type R. Then no one would by the TLX Type S, they would cannibalise sales.
It’s a Type S, Acura is moving towards having “Type S” be their version of M, AMG and RS. Honda NA has reserved the use of Type R for the time being.
Sponsored

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Looks like an engine option is likely off the table with the new Accord not maintaining the 2.0T trim into next generation. So even more likely to be the TLX/RDX 272hp motor unless Honda decides making another 2-4000 K20C1's per year isn't a big deal or that much more expensive. Though I'm still leaning toward the Type R motor remains exclusive to the Type R.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Looks like an engine option is likely off the table with the new Accord not maintaining the 2.0T trim into next generation. So even more likely to be the TLX/RDX 272hp motor unless Honda decides making another 2-4000 K20C1's per year isn't a big deal or that much more expensive. Though I'm still leaning toward the Type R motor remains exclusive to the Type R.
me too, I think people hoping for a 115 hp jump in the Type S will be disappointed.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
It's going to be the CTR motor. No question about that. Now will it have the same suspension component or is it going to be softer.. I'm thinking softer.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I'm expecting it to be almost identical to the CTR but with leather basically and cost at least $5k more, probably closer to $8k. I don't think there is a concern about overlapping with the TLS, that's a different target audience.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I wonder if, since Honda is prioritizing Japan deliveries with the Type R, the Type S is basically their way of fulfilling Type R demand in the US? The Type R is being built in Japan with engines from Ohio anyways, so the Integra Type S could just be built in the US as our "alternate" FL5. I believe the base Integra is built in Ohio, so this could make sense.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 FK7
I wonder if, since Honda is prioritizing Japan deliveries with the Type R, the Type S is basically their way of fulfilling Type R demand in the US? The Type R is being built in Japan with engines from Ohio anyways, so the Integra Type S could just be built in the US as our "alternate" FL5. I believe the base Integra is built in Ohio, so this could make sense.
I’ve been saying this for some time. The photo is the OSU horseshoe and it’s driving around OSU’s campus in Columbus, OH. They wanted pics of this car on the internet. The tires are all seasons because it’s below 40F and in Ohio in November.

Ever wonder why the Civic Type R keeps making runs at the Ring Record but nothing gets posted about them breaking the lap record? Why the body styling on this camo Integra is much more FK8 aero than FL5 - [hint hint, cough].

It’s almost as if Honda is trying to take on the German brands on their own turf with their own luxury performance brand and not their “economy” brand.

This Integra will surprise people.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I’ve been saying this for some time. The photo is the OSU horseshoe and it’s driving around OSU’s campus in Columbus, OH. They wanted pics of this car on the internet. The tires are all seasons because it’s below 40F and in Ohio in November.

Ever wonder why the Civic Type R keeps making runs at the Ring Record but nothing gets posted about them breaking the lap record? Why the body styling on this camo Integra is much more FK8 aero than FL5 - [hint hint, cough].

It’s almost as if Honda is trying to take on the German brands on their own turf with their own luxury performance brand and not their “economy” brand.

Preach brother. I'm trading up to the TypeS. Now the wait till summer.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru

You might have a point there. I think even if the manual car isn't faster than the FL5, just adding an automatic could potentially make it quicker around the Nurburgring.

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I've heard the type S will be built in April. So maybe deliveries starting 1 month from then? Anyone heard anything different?

Yeah no way Honda is letting this opportunity slip by. It'll be a type R with lots of leather to help cannibalize sales from greedy CTR flippers and dealers.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
You might have a point there. I think even if the manual car isn't faster than the FL5, just adding an automatic could potentially make it quicker around the Nurburgring.
Why? It might help 0-60 but how does the added weight make it faster on the Ring?

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Why? It might help 0-60 but how does the added weight make it faster on the Ring?
A 10 speed auto like on the Accord should improve acceleration overall by keeping the car in the powerband more effectively, and also potentially save time on shifts. Closer gears could also help it reach higher speeds on the straights.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
A 10 speed auto like on the Accord should improve acceleration overall by keeping the car in the powerband more effectively, and also potentially save time on shifts. Closer gears could also help it reach higher speeds on the straights.
What’s the weight though? If it’s like 80 lbs it won’t make up for that.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I've heard the type S will be built in April. So maybe deliveries starting 1 month from then? Anyone heard anything different?

Yeah no way Honda is letting this opportunity slip by. It'll be a type R with lots of leather to help cannibalize sales from greedy CTR flippers and dealers.
I heard June delivery.
Sponsored