• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

nate2813

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI Rallye Red
I hope the head unit is Android based! HondaHack has been awesome.
Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
My understanding is this will never happen as the Si is built specifically for the US market (not sold anywhere outside North America) and the US Market by and large hates hatchbacks/wagons - they only care about Trucks, Sedans and SUVs (which are just raised wagons lol). As for us Canadians, we just get whatever the USA gets haha.
Actually the Hatchback Civic’s sell a lot in the states. I think they started selling more.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I've seen similar looking steering wheels on classic bumper cars. What's up with the big air bag hump?

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs 1950-Dodgem-Bumper-Car-Black-slideshow-006

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had been planning to get a an 11th gen coupe until they announced it's death, so I moved on to another car, but now I'm kind of glad they got rid of the coupe since I would be in quite a conundrum trying to decide if I live with that dashboard, considering how much I hate it. It's truly awful. The outside looks fine (though very boring).

I bet even after the 11th gen is on the road, if you showed the GP that side profile of the sedan, 99% of them would say it's an Accord. Heck, I probably would too. And the sedan's 107.7" wheelbase is almost identical to the 7th gen Accord sedan's 107.9 (and of course longer than previous gens).

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I've overlaid a silver 10th gen Sport Sedan with the 11th gen red Sport Sedan posted above. The 2 things that stick out (no pun) to me is 1) the shorter length behind the rear wheel of the new civic, and 2) we all know the hood is flatter on the new model.
11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs imageonline-co-overlayed-image(1)

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs imageonline-co-overlayed-image(3)

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs imageonline-co-overlayed-image

11th Gen Honda Civic Its Here! 2022 Honda Civic Sedan Official Pics, Videos and Specs imageonline-co-overlayed-image(2)

Last edited:

mammamia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Honestly I think they nailed it, except for the nose. Lower part of the nose being body color looks off, should be black on sport models and chrome on other trims.

The nose on the current Si beats the nose on the current sedans so I'm hoping there will be something there.

Maybe a mid gen refresh will improve it too.

I will definitely be upgrading from 10th gen Si to 11th gen Si, but I will probably give wait til like 3rd model year to let them shake out a few minor oddities.

The joysticks on the dash look pretty odd as well. I would have to see those in person to be sure.

Last edited:

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Very happy with the design. I'm also not surprised about the engine power increase. Typical Honda (+6hp). Expect the same increase for the Type R and Si!

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6MT
Actually the Hatchback Civic’s sell a lot in the states. I think they started selling more.
The sole reason the Si is not offered in hatchback form is because USA sales wouldn't support it. I personally think that would be the sweet spot for a lot of buyers who can't afford the Type R, but the USA likes their sedans a lot more than they do hatchbacks in general. If Honda would make a Si hatch with GTI power, I think they would sell a ton of them and take a lot of GTI sales with it. In sedan form with only 15hp more than the regular Hatch, I don't think it is as appealing.

rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
Why cant I see the video in the top?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It was removed. They violated the information embargo so most likely Honda made them remove it.... We will know more after the reveal tonight and the embargo is lifted officially. (all of the auto mags, channels, etc have had this info probably for weeks... but can't mention anything about it, lest they get sued into oblivion)

retuks

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6sp. 93 Supra Turbo 6sp. Getrag 6766 turbo E85 / 750whp. 97 240sx 5sp.
What's up with this?

whatIsThis.jpg
It's just a wheel chock tucked behind the inner portion of the wheel with a black cord running down and underneath the car. at lower screen brightness, it "blobs" and appears part of the skirt. you can clearly see what it is with a brighter screen.

OP
OP
StickShiftRoy

StickShiftRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Sport (sold), 22 BOP Si
Embargo is still up. Car was not meant to be released until tonight. Someone at RoadShow messed up and released it early, realized it, and set it to private again. It'll be up tonight along with hundreds of others.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Pluses: Thinner A-pillar for better visibility. More knobs, switches. A good trend. Me like.
Minuses: Just about everything else. No manual, just a-cringe-CVT, screen sticking out instead of integrated, weird honeycomb- and you thought it was questionable on the 10th gen rear vents, and a stripped out digital display. And that lower black plastic not quite working on the side view. Just frustrating because Honda certainly did some things right here, but in the end missed it from what I am seeing.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I believe I saw a number from a Honda executive that Hatchbacks are around 25% of Civic sales.

One quote I found about the first model year of the 10th
In CY2017, total Civic sales (sedan, coupe, hatchback, Si sedan, Si coupe, Type R) amounted to 377,286 cars. Of these, 16.4 per cent, or 61,845 units were the hatchback.
Sponsored