• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JB4 Tuner Civic Si Guinea Pig

FiveOsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2021 4runner
So I want to start by saying I am in no way affiliated with Burger Motorsports. Like most here I love my new Si but I am rarely content leaving anything stock. Naturally I wouldn’t mind more power but I also have a lot of my factory warranty left and also purchased the 7 year 120k Hondacare extended warranty. With that I really didn’t want to do an ECU flash with Ktuner or Hondata.

I am fully aware that nothing can replace the quality of a “true“ tune. I have long been aware that the JB4 ”piggyback“ ECU exists and is very popular amongst BMW and VW community. So that lead me to jump onto Burger Motorsports website to see if they offer anything for the 1.5T. Good news was they did for what they label as the “2016+”. I reached out through email to confirm if this was to include the 11th Gen, after sending them a few pics of my sensors they confirmed it does.

I am cheap and love to save money(who doesn’t) so I really didn’t want to spend the $529+ which doesn’t even include the cable or optional Bluetooth module for live data and gauges through an app they offer. Facebook marketplace was my friend here and I was able to find a used one for $250 with the cable included. It being completely plug and play, without flashing the ECU, and removable if warranty work is required is what really pushed me toward this option. I should be getting it in the mail in the next day or two and will be keeping you all posted on my findings.
Sponsored

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
They can still tell even with a piggy back system because it is out of its factory parameters.

OP
OP
FiveOsi

FiveOsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2021 4runner
They can still tell even with a piggy back system because it is out of its factory parameters.
This is the debate, Burger claims the JB4 intercepts the signals and reports back factory levels or else the car would be throwing codes and going possibly into limp mode, which I am sure is true. Not defending the JB4 because I am sure that if they dig deep enough the can find something “off”. Although extremely happy with the power gains that are very apparent once installed, I decided to pull it off as I did purchase the 7 year 120k warranty and figure the risk is not worth it either way. I will either hold onto it or sell it, but for now I will force myself to be happy with stock power( at least that’s what I’m telling myself)

maracuch0

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Hatchback ST
JB4 is definitely untraceable once you take it off. I had it installed when I had my Q50. I used to take it off when going for oil change at dealership but since I knew the service advisor, I did not take it off anymore.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
JB4 is definitely untraceable once you take it off. I had it installed when I had my Q50. I used to take it off when going for oil change at dealership but since I knew the service advisor, I did not take it off anymore.
I'd be careful when making comparisons with another vehicle manufacturer. Infiniti and Honda do not necessary handle such matters the same way.
Sponsored