• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
So just to confirm, it has plug and play with the 🇺🇸🇨🇦 fl5, nothing changes from it being left hand drive to right had drive
Sponsored

Orly

First Name
Olly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type-R
Does anyone have instructions for the footwell / under seating lighting? I'm going to put some aftermarket LEDs in but I'm wondering if I can use the pins that supply 12V and Gnd for the OEM parts. That's what I did with my FK8. There is a pin near the fuse box in the driver footwell (at least that's where it is on RHD cars).

Thanks

Olly.

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
So just to confirm, it has plug and play with the 🇺🇸🇨🇦 fl5, nothing changes from it being left hand drive to right had drive
Correct… wire color codes and connectors are the same :thumbsup:

Orly

First Name
Olly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type-R
Oh that's good. Thanks! I can reuse the connector then. Does anyone have a diag handy please?

Jakerx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic
Any updates to this?

Would these be compatible with a Touring Sedan?

Also, does anyone know how I might find the part numbers for the illuminated JDM black gloss door trim inserts (not the carbon fiber ones)?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Pfff

Any part nr on the led strip?

Europe doesnt get this part :rolleyes:
I haven't been able to locate a part number on this, but I've tried pretty extensively--I'd be interested in sourcing another set to install in my back doors, so if you find a part number, would love it if you could share!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Pfff

Any part nr on the led strip?

Europe doesnt get this part :rolleyes:
The back of the red USDM LED strip has the following part number on it:

83552-T31-H910-M1

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@JDM_DOHC_SiR did you have to stray from the directions because of the stock LED light strips in the door?

At this point, I’m comfortable taking the door panels on/off, so I’m debating adding the door cup and pocket lights when I try to figure out how I screwed up the pattern projectors.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
The back of the red USDM LED strip has the following part number on it:

83552-T31-H910-M1
talking about the piece of plastic surrouding the LED strip itself?

that partnumber doesnt even show up on google or exploded view sites...

I am searching the light strip itself, not the piece of plastic surrounding and holding the led strip in place....

even on a TYPE R exploded view site, I cannot seem to indentify that piece, as the whole door trim comes as one piece for sale on here:
https://jdmyamato.com/products/nhp003260
:rolleyes:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
talking about the piece of plastic surrouding the LED strip itself?

that partnumber doesnt even show up on google or exploded view sites...

I am searching the light strip itself, not the piece of plastic surrounding and holding the led strip in place....

even on a TYPE R exploded view site, I cannot seem to indentify that piece, as the whole door trim comes as one piece for sale on here:
https://jdmyamato.com/products/nhp003260
:rolleyes:
The strip and surround are integrated as one piece, and that part number is on a sticker on the nugget at the end of the light strip.

I’d have your dealership check to see if they can find it—I’ll ask my parts guy the next time I’m in mine as well.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
The strip and surround are integrated as one piece, and that part number is on a sticker on the nugget at the end of the light strip.

I’d have your dealership check to see if they can find it—I’ll ask my parts guy the next time I’m in mine as well.
Thx, I'll update when I l know after I've asked, but for now I cant, because I've been waiting since november 2022 for delivery of my hybrid Civic.

Chances are many have to wait till Q2 2024....

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Thx, I'll update when I l know after I've asked, but for now I cant, because I've been waiting since november 2022 for delivery of my hybrid Civic.

Chances are many have to wait till Q2 2024....
So I had my dealership's Parts guy search that number I posted previously when I was in there last time--he said it wasn't a part number, it's something related to the build date of the car or the panel.

He then tried to search for the part through the door panel diagram, but concluded the only way (for now at least) to get the LED light strip is to order the entire door panel... which would make it a $900 LED.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For anyone like @JDM_DOHC_SiR who bravely attempts to do part of this job, I managed to get the Honda Access installation instructions for the inner door handle & door pocket illumination kit. I ran the PDF through a translation service. There are 83 (!) installation steps. Not one for me at this point, but this is a good general guide for taking the console and doors apart.
Any chance you can get ahold of the Honda Access footwell lighting instructions?

I've spent the last week or so begging them for various sets of instructions--we're no longer on speaking terms. 🤣
Sponsored