• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Yes, tie into the existing wiring. The kit comes with the splitter already made, so there's no weird wiring stuff. Plug the new harness into the factory spot where the existing light is (passenger side). Then use the short end to connect the existing factory light, then run the long end around to where the new light will be mounted. It's a fair amount of work for an LED light, but once completed, it looks good and it's a nice functional add.

If I knew this would be so popular when I had this installed many months ago I would've asked my friend to pull together a high-level installation guide.
Never too late to have him do a basic write up with using some of the pictures you have.

Just your pictures alone and how the harness is I kind of have an idea on how to do it.
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Hey can it be the part number for LHD kit is 08V27-T60-600

because the jdm Rhd is 08V27-T60-A00

https://www.permantiermotors.be/sites/default/files/honda_civic_typer_hace_brochure_aw.pdf
So the stock photos of 08V27-T60-A00 appear to be with a LHD vehicle, I'd never seen this brochure/part number but it looks like it's for customers in the Middle East. The only 08V27-T60-A00 that I found available for purchase is through a dealership in Germany on eBay. These are LHD countries so I guess it's possible there's a LHD-specific pattern projector... but it doesn't necessarily mean Honda Access made LHD-specific instructions for 08V27-T60-A00. It may not hurt to ask the eBay seller if they can provide installation instructions with your order.

I had to call a few dealerships while trying to figure out how to install mine, and most of them said not all accessories (even electronics) come with their own specific install instructions from Honda (which seems a little crazy to me). This was even the story from Black Hawk and Dream Automotive. I asked a couple of local dealerships if they'd be willing to complete my installation, and it was a resounding "NO". 🤷‍♂️

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
About to take it all to a customs shop this weekend and see what we can do! I'll ask if they can do some photos to help everyone out.

INTERIOR
Cupholder/console, door pockets/handle, footwell/underseat lights, and tailgate hatch light

EXTERIOR
"puddle welcome light" NOT THE TYPE R PROJECTOR

I have pdf instructions for everything on this list except the footwell/underseat & tailgate light

notavr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
can you post the pdf for the puddle lights? i have those to install and have t even opened them yet

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
So the stock photos of 08V27-T60-A00 appear to be with a LHD vehicle, I'd never seen this brochure/part number but it looks like it's for customers in the Middle East. The only 08V27-T60-A00 that I found available for purchase is through a dealership in Germany on eBay. These are LHD countries so I guess it's possible there's a LHD-specific pattern projector... but it doesn't necessarily mean Honda Access made LHD-specific instructions for 08V27-T60-A00. It may not hurt to ask the eBay seller if they can provide installation instructions with your order.

I had to call a few dealerships while trying to figure out how to install mine, and most of them said not all accessories (even electronics) come with their own specific install instructions from Honda (which seems a little crazy to me). This was even the story from Black Hawk and Dream Automotive. I asked a couple of local dealerships if they'd be willing to complete my installation, and it was a resounding "NO". 🤷‍♂️
So I email the seller on eBay that is a honda dealer from Germany, I can confirm 08V27-T60-600 is for left hand drive, he has also send send me the installed pdf

Attachments

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
So I email the seller on eBay that is a honda dealer from Germany, I can confirm 08V27-T60-600 is for left hand drive, he has also send send me the installed pdf
I took a look and can confirm these instructions are slightly different from the ones I used, and I'll admit I'm not an electrician and I didn't memorize the wiring during my install, but I did take notes while I was back-pinning the wiring harnesses and if you follow these instructions 100%, I do think there's a strong chance you could be wiring them to run at all times.

Now I'm no expert, and I'm all for DIY'ing things (especially when someone else is doing the DIY'ing), but I'd be careful these turn off when the doors close (and the don't come back on when the doors lock or the headlights turn on, etc). Once you start splicing into these harnesses, it can get real twisted real quick.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
About to take it all to a customs shop this weekend and see what we can do! I'll ask if they can do some photos to help everyone out.
Now HERE'S a guy who isn't about to have his accessories accidentally wired into his power mirror switches! Good on you. Any insight they can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
Just back from the shop again they had to wire the cupholder lights so they stay on while driving... that said the lights are super low key in person- the camera makes it seem like they are alot brighter. They do dim with the instrumdnt brightness slider- overall very happy with these. The puddle lights are great!

11th Gen Honda Civic JDM Honda Access Interior LED Door Lights and Center Console Lights installed. 20240113_200136

11th Gen Honda Civic JDM Honda Access Interior LED Door Lights and Center Console Lights installed. 20240113_200034

11th Gen Honda Civic JDM Honda Access Interior LED Door Lights and Center Console Lights installed. 20240113_195752

11th Gen Honda Civic JDM Honda Access Interior LED Door Lights and Center Console Lights installed. 20240113_195843

11th Gen Honda Civic JDM Honda Access Interior LED Door Lights and Center Console Lights installed. 20240113_195908

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For everyone looking for footwell and under-seat lighting install instructions, these came from JDM Yamato. They'll need to be translated, but it's better than nothing!

Attachments

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
For everyone looking for footwell and under-seat lighting install instructions, these came from JDM Yamato. They'll need to be translated, but it's better than nothing!
Nice one!!

Loudogdude

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Honda Civic Type R
Anyone interested in the upgraded footwell lighting kit, or tailgate light kit? I'm looking to sell as I sold the type R and got in a Typr S
Sponsored