• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
That looks so good! The sight of everything torn apart gives me White Castle like heartburn though. You think a dealer would install it?
Without any instructions available currently I don’t think any stateside dealer would touch these items…:dunno: But I’m going to have some basic instructions for which wire's to connect to in the door's and behind the center HVAC controls.. which should help for anyone trying to do this install :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are a blessing! I wonder if these will be readily available to order online.. 🤔
Thank you:patriot:

I just did a quick search and it looks like you can purchase them from overseas if you are willing to buy them through a broker site.

Just type in the part numbers in that picture I posted and they show up:hmm:
https://buyee.jp/

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Spent the good part of the day installing the Honda Access LED light kit's on the doors and center console... turned out pretty nice :thumbsup: Now on the other hand install was a Pain in the Ass!! the wiring and finding the correct wires to tap into.. and while I was in there ripping everything apart .. I went ahead and installed some ACUITY Shifter base bushings for good measure they firmed up the feel of the shifter when feels great!.. needless to say it's not the install to take on if you don't have patience :banghead::rofl:
Anyways here are some pic's and if any of you try to install this in the future I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have:wave:

FL5 Honda Access Door LED.jpg

FL5 Honda Access Door Pocket LED.jpg

FL5 Honda Access Drink holder LED.jpg

FL5 Honda Access center console LED.jpg

FL5 Honda Access LED install 1.jpg

FL5 Honda Access LED install 2.jpg

FL5 Honda Access LED install 3.jpg

FL5 Honda Access LED install 4.jpg

FL5 Honda Access LED install 5.jpg

FL5 Honda Access LED install 6.jpg

Acuity FL5 Shifter Base bushing install 1.jpg

Acuity FL5 Shifter Base bushing install 2.jpg
Don't the door panel lights come with the car?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - Championship White, 2006 Honda Civic Si - Fiji Blue Pearl
Looks really good. Very ballsy to tear apart an FL5 like that, but its fun when you have the right time, garage space, patience, and tools - (and the confidence!)

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Wanted to bring this thread back up, has anyone else gotten around to installing these or plan to?

Zooms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
For anyone like @JDM_DOHC_SiR who bravely attempts to do part of this job, I managed to get the Honda Access installation instructions for the inner door handle & door pocket illumination kit. I ran the PDF through a translation service. There are 83 (!) installation steps. Not one for me at this point, but this is a good general guide for taking the console and doors apart.

Attachments

OP
OP
JDM_DOHC_SiR

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW thanks !! one thing that I didn't do was remove the airbags even after completing the install and looking at these instructions I can say it's 100% not need... but the hard part was the connector on the passenger door! that was the biggest PITA! :banghead:

Zooms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
WOW thanks !! one thing that I didn't do was remove the airbags even after completing the install and looking at these instructions I can say it's 100% not need... but the hard part was the connector on the passenger door! that was the biggest PITA! :banghead:
You are brave, sir. I may have a go at the console/cupholder illumination kit as those instructions appear less intimidating. Instructions for that attached.
Sponsored

Attachments