• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

K&N new intake

billy489

First Name
tat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HB sport touring, 2018 EX HB
ķ&N New intake
11th Gen Honda Civic K&N new intake K&N
Sponsored

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Supra Turbo, 1000hp Lexus SC300, 22 Civic Si...
I’ll try this. Always had good results with the K&N system.

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The intake area looks pretty well sealed, so I think this will perform well. Not sure how much difference you will see between similarly constructed intakes.

Also, quick question. Is the MAF size for the Si and Non-Si the same for 2022? This is listed for all Civic models and I wanted to confirm.

axion_industries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit Gk5 L15B7 swap, 2012 Civic Si
How do you know the K&N one is not the same size as stock?
Because you can look at how they manufacture the intakes, the scaling is usually off on the housing, based off all the other intakes they have made for Hondas

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because you can look at how they manufacture the intakes, the scaling is usually off on the housing, based off all the other intakes they have made for Hondas
But this one has not yet been measured, so it is a bit presumptuous to say it is not the right size.

If I get it, I will have it measured to confirm.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
The K&N intake might be fine, might be not. These types of companies typically just slap together some tubing with the same sized MAF housing and call it a day w/o much real engineering or data collection. Just because the MAF housing diameter is the same doesn't mean that air flow through the MAF housing isn't affected to the point that it can throw off fuel trims. This was pretty typical on the 10th gen, especially with the Injen, so pretty safe to assume it will happen here as well. Yes, you can do MAF rescaling yourself, but it's a pretty arduous process.

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Exactly! I’ll take a smaller company more dedicated to my platform that the big box types.

GetterDragun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The K&N intake might be fine, might be not. These types of companies typically just slap together some tubing with the same sized MAF housing and call it a day w/o much real engineering or data collection. Just because the MAF housing diameter is the same doesn't mean that air flow through the MAF housing isn't affected to the point that it can throw off fuel trims. This was pretty typical on the 10th gen, especially with the Injen, so pretty safe to assume it will happen here as well. Yes, you can do MAF rescaling yourself, but it's a pretty arduous process.
According to PRL the MAF size is not an issue on the 11th Gen like it was with the 10th Gen:

We have discussed the possibility of a larger "Race MAF Housing" option, but have not officially decided on which direction we plan to go. Considering the 11th Gen L15CA uses a Hertz-based MAF sensor that can be rescaled with KTuner or Hondata to increase MAF resolution, there isn't exactly a need for a larger MAF housing diameter.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
According to PRL the MAF size is not an issue on the 11th Gen like it was with the 10th Gen:

We have discussed the possibility of a larger "Race MAF Housing" option, but have not officially decided on which direction we plan to go. Considering the 11th Gen L15CA uses a Hertz-based MAF sensor that can be rescaled with KTuner or Hondata to increase MAF resolution, there isn't exactly a need for a larger MAF housing diameter.
The MAF table still needs to be rescaled though if the MAF housing size changes. That's just a universal fact for how MAF sensors work. They sense air-flow. Put that same MAF sensor in a larger housing and for the same air-flow reading, more air will actually be entering the intake due to a larger cross-sectional area of the housing.
Sponsored