• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount.

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2019 Nissan Titan, 2017 Yamaha FZ10
I pre-ordered the PRL rear motor mount in September 2022 and received it at the end of March 2023

So I got the PRL rear motor mount installed this afternoon and took it for a 20 minute test drive. As a primer, I've had a few different vehicles with polyurethane motor mount inserts, Including the FE1 Si. I was running a 10th gen Whiteline polyurethane insert in the stock motor mount prior to installing the PRL. I have a good idea of what the differences between the OEM, Whiteline insert, and now PRL are.

My initial thoughts are the PRL definitely vibrates far less than the Whiteline insert. I would not say the Whiteline insert vibrated a lot, but I would occasionally get some annoying vibrations at certain RPM white idling with the AC on. It wasn't always a consistent vibration, it would come and go but could certainly get annoying. I would get the most vibration though the seat and feet. The PRL seems to have way less vibration through the seat and I just tend to feel it though the pedals and steering wheel.

While driving I can feel more engine feedback though the chassis that I didn't feel with the OEM or with the Whiteline insert. I noticed a big difference in the amount of rubber banding I had while driving in 1st and 2nd gear. The OEM mount was really bad with the rubber banding, the Whiteline was improved, but the PRL is even better. I was able to do a quick 1st to 2nd shift and still got bad wheel hop on the shift, but that's been the case since I swapped the wheels and tires to 245 width summer tires.

IMO it's a great upgrade if you're ok with more feedback from your car with a slight increase in NVH. It's great for a street driver that likes to drive aggressively on backroads or even track days. It's definitely not a "Race" style mount with crazy NVH and total reduction in wheel hop, I would not really recommend the PRL mount for the dedicated drag racer who needs a total reduction of wheel hop and needs the motor held solidly in place.

Quality is second to none and the machining is top notch, its honestly a beautiful piece of billet aluminum. It's a shame that its buried under the motor for no one to see.
11th Gen Honda Civic Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount. PXL_20230330_202344514.MP
11th Gen Honda Civic Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount. PXL_20230330_202404729.MP
11th Gen Honda Civic Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount. PXL_20230401_183359488.MP
11th Gen Honda Civic Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount. PXL_20230401_183354853.MP
11th Gen Honda Civic Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount. PXL_20230401_183347486.MP
11th Gen Honda Civic Initial impressions of the new PRL rear motor mount. PXL_20230401_183341875.MP
Sponsored

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Nice review; objective, candid, and based upon real experience. What did it cost to have it installed and how long did it take? I’ve considered the 27Won ($173) mount and wondered how it might stack up to the PRL.

OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice review; objective, candid, and based upon real experience. What did it cost to have it installed and how long did it take? I’ve considered the 27Won ($173) mount and wondered how it might stack up to the PRL.
The install on the motor mount was pretty simple and straightforward. I used a set of Rhino Ramps to get the car elevated, and did the install on my back. You need to remove the undertray which is really simple, 4x Phillips head screws, and 4x 1/4 turn fasteners. The mount is held in place by a 1x 19mm bolt horizontally and 1x 17mm bolt vertically. Took about maybe 30 minutes to install. If you watch some 10th gen civic motor mount install videos on YouTube you should get the idea of what the install is like.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Finally the yeti exists! Thanks for sharing your detailed impressions. I had the Whiteline insert with a CTR rmm and everything was great except for idle with A/C on. Way too much vibration. It’s not hot weather yet but have you tried the A/C at all with the PRL mount?

OP
OP
DYI01

DYI01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally the yeti exists! Thanks for sharing your detailed impressions. I had the Whiteline insert with a CTR rmm and everything was great except for idle with A/C on. Way too much vibration. It’s not hot weather yet but have you tried the A/C at all with the PRL mount?
I did very briefly idle with the AC on and it had less vibration compared to the WL insert. I will reserve any more comments on idling with AC till it gets warmer and I get more time on the mount.

nix6speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 ITS
Any further impressions with AC on? Interested in getting a PRL RMM but Houston weather means AC on half the year.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Any further impressions with AC on? Interested in getting a PRL RMM but Houston weather means AC on half the year.
I have the PRL RMM and once it breaks in the A/C idle is not bad imo (I live in Dallas so can relate to needing A/C on most of the year). With a 60A durometer, it is going to be less NVH than other brands

nix6speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 ITS
I have the PRL RMM and once it breaks in the A/C idle is not bad imo (I live in Dallas so can relate to needing A/C on most of the year). With a 60A durometer, it is going to be less NVH than other brands
I was about to reply to your thread too. Seems there's not much info from owners on these. Thanks for the quick response!

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I was about to reply to your thread too. Seems there's not much info from owners on these. Thanks for the quick response!
PRL is having some serious (can't be emphasized enough) complications right now. I know someone who ordered it a long time ago and is still waiting for it

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
PRL is having some serious (can't be emphasized enough) complications right now. I know someone who ordered it a long time ago and is still waiting for it
We have 23 PRL 11th gen motor mounts in stock.

I use one on my FL5 and have found it to be a great balance between increased performance while maintaining comfort (minimal NVH).
Sponsored