• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Roughness on initial takeoff

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
You guys think the clutch delay valves might have something to do with it? Anybody delete their delay valves yet?
Interesting point considering it's always felt in the lower rpms and in 1st gear... might be something to look at closer.
Sponsored

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Interesting point considering it's always felt in the lower rpms and in 1st gear... might be something to look at closer.
I don't know anybody that's done it yet, but it's something I was interested in doing. The clutch delay is also the reason that the RPM's bounce higher between shifts. I jailbroke my ecu and got the car tuned thinking that the the bouncing revs were from rev hang, but it was still there even after the tune.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
I don't know anybody that's done it yet, but it's something I was interested in doing. The clutch delay is also the reason that the RPM's bounce higher between shifts. I jailbroke my ecu and got the car tuned thinking that the the bouncing revs were from rev hang, but it was still there even after the tune.
Oh, that's disappointing, I thought all that goofy stuff went away with a tune. I wish these cars were like the Japanese sport bikes where they would rev up and back down in about 1 second.... then again, people would be stalling them all the time due to launching all that weight.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R, 2002 S2000
Interesting that you mentioned rpm bouncing between shifts. I haven’t noticed it on up shifts but one thing I’ve noticed on down shifts with the auto rev match is the car kinda bouncing in second and third gear during semi aggresssive downshifts. The rev match itself is smooth but after I let the clutch move it the car kind bounces its wierd ti describe. Thought it was the rmm being soft and a more aggressive rmm would fix it. I have one on order but maybe it’s the delay valve doing this? Is this the bouncing your talking about?

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Interesting that you mentioned rpm bouncing between shifts. I haven’t noticed it on up shifts but one thing I’ve noticed on down shifts with the auto rev match is the car kinda bouncing in second and third gear during semi aggresssive downshifts. The rev match itself is smooth but after I let the clutch move it the car kind bounces its wierd ti describe. Thought it was the rmm being soft and a more aggressive rmm would fix it. I have one on order but maybe it’s the delay valve doing this? Is this the bouncing your talking about?
No, but I've felt what you're talking about. If you watch rpms on upshifts greater than half throttle you'll see the rpm increase after you press the clutch in.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, but I've felt what you're talking about. If you watch rpms on upshifts greater than half throttle you'll see the rpm increase after you press the clutch in.
gotcha..haven’t noticed it but I’ll watch for it next time.

so you’ve noticed what I’m talking about on auto rev downshifts? I’ve only really noticed it downshifting into 3rd and 2nd when the rpm’s drop to 3k or 4k..the auto rev match is smooth but the car kinda bucks after I let the clutch all the way out it’s wierd. I figured it’s the soft rmm making the engine move but do you think the delay valve has something to do with this?

when auto rev matching higher than 4k rpm I don’t notice the car bucking after..really weird

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
gotcha..haven’t noticed it but I’ll watch for it next time.

so you’ve noticed what I’m talking about on auto rev downshifts? I’ve only really noticed it downshifting into 3rd and 2nd when the rpm’s drop to 3k or 4k..the auto rev match is smooth but the car kinda bucks after I let the clutch all the way out it’s wierd. I figured it’s the soft rmm making the engine move but do you think the delay valve has something to do with this?

when auto rev matching higher than 4k rpm I don’t notice the car bucking after..really weird
The clutch is sprung, so it makes sense that it's less noticable at higher RPM and more jerky on lower rpm downshifts. The springs will flex more and deviate some of the drivetrain shock at high rpm. I think the CDV might be a cause for a lot of the impurities that we're feeling.

OP
OP
UCF120

UCF120

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The clutch is sprung, so it makes sense that it's less noticable at higher RPM and more jerky on lower rpm downshifts. The springs will flex more and deviate some of the drivetrain shock at high rpm. I think the CDV might be a cause for a lot of the impurities that we're feeling.
Gotcha..I’m hoping the stiffer rear motor mount fixes some of that slop in the drivetrain which from what I hear it does wonders…after driving @Jester04 car it felt really good with the stiffer rmm and acuity shifter bushings..looking forward to my car feeling the same

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Gotcha..I’m hoping the stiffer rear motor mount fixes some of that slop in the drivetrain which from what I hear it does wonders…after driving @Jester04 car it felt really good with the stiffer rmm and acuity shifter bushings..looking forward to my car feeling the same
I took had an upgraded RMM. The high RPM rev still happens. The RMM only serves to bring the torque on sooner by reducing power train movement. It was with @Jester04 that I spoke about with this problem.
Sponsored