• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Little car disappeared on instrument cluster

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I picked up my 2023 Type-R a couple weeks ago and started having weird purplish, graphical glitches on my Waze and Google Maps apps. I read that a fix for this issue was to do a factory reset. I did the factory reset and sure enough, it fixed that issue, but ever since then, the little car in the middle of the gauge cluster has disappeared.

I see the lanes but not the little car. I miss the little car and would like it back please.
Sponsored

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CBP ST
The cruise control needs to be on in order to have the little Car in the gauge display.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The cruise control needs to be on in order to have the little Car in the gauge display.
Really? I think mine is on with LKAS...

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The car pops up when either is turned on
Well shit. I hope he gets his car back. I would not want to lose it either.

OP
OP
UJX

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
Well, come to find out, the little car exists but only in comfort/sport mode gauge cluster. I cannot get it to show in Type-R mode gauge cluster. And to make matters worse, the damn graphics bug is back on my Waze/Google Maps.

First model year problems I guess.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Well, come to find out, the little car exists but only in comfort/sport mode gauge cluster. I cannot get it to show in Type-R mode gauge cluster. And to make matters worse, the damn graphics bug is back on my Waze/Google Maps.

[/QUOTE
Take it to your dealership. The car icon is less worrisome than the infotainment bug.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

I had similar issues with CarPlay in my 16 Accord and 22 Si, I don’t think it’s a 23 FL5 problem unfortunately. I’ve even seen it 2-3 times in the FL5 but not nearly as consistent.

Try getting a fresh OEM cable for your phone and run it wired and see if it’s better. Then go back to wireless. See if it makes a difference.
Sponsored