• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My car that had scheduled delivery date of today 2/20. Car is not showing in dealer's inventory any longer.

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hi everyone. I had a scheduled delivery date of today. Yesterday my VIN was showing on the tracking websites and the dealers website. I checked today and now my car is missing from both. I am scared to call my salesman in fear of disappointment. And unfiltered rage, if the dealer sold the car that was promised to me, to someone else. lol Im really hoping it is being delivered as I am typing this and my salesman calls me later updating me. Thanks for any wise words.
Sponsored

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
It was seither marked as sold by your dealer(so their phone stops ringing off the hook about it) or once it's been so long since Honda shipped it, it has gone into the dealer's inventory. I wouldn't get upset yet.

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
I am scared to call my salesman in fear of disappointment.
With all the information in your post, you shouldn't have any disappointment other than it won't get delivered today. Give your sales rep a call tomorrow and don't catastrophize, you'll get your car soon enough.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I called every other day basically when it was supposed to show up and then checked each day that it was either close to or day of. Don't ever wait for someone to call you about stuff you want or have ordered/bought.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I offered them $99 dollars more than what you were paying and they jumped on it, thanks for the car!

Kidding, like everyone here posted, call them and ask. Sometimes they stay in the system for a while and then are removed when they know they are sold. A bunch of cars on the "R Finder" are already sold but they are still popping up on lists.

OP
OP

matttheazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
salesperson is off today. I dont know whether or not just to drive down and see. I think they took it out of inventory so they would stop getting calls on it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
be careful with this approach. Some sales managers may become perturbed at the relentlessness and purposely delay giving you the car- ie, “taking longer than expected for PDI” or “having trouble getting it into our system, we’ll contact you”. I have “acquaintances” who get annoyed with customers who call every day and do this type of thing.
I've worked at dealerships for over 20 years and if a manager did this to me I'd report his/her ass to their GM and to corporate if they pulled that shit. Their job is to answer to the customer. Now I don't say you should be calling incessantly all day every day but when you are expecting your car to be delivered on a certain day and they don't contact you at all about it, then it's time to call them and ask once a day if they are not responding to your inquiries. The fact that some dealers have actually come to the point of selling a car out from under you is insane as well.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This is why when you order things you really want and are promised to receive, you should get it in writing and signed by both parties. This is what I did last September and I never called my salesman a single time afterward. It saved everyone involved a lot of time, hassle, worry, frustration, misunderstanding, etc. etc. Got my car as they said I would, with the terms we agreed to, a little over a week ago.🙂
Sponsored