• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

My Si fresh off the truck

OP
OP
Corey2k8g

Corey2k8g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX/2022 Honda Civic SI
So Honda said no to the starter. So I'd have to get installed aftermarket. ? so they'll have to reimburse me that cost. I'll probably get a couple accessories with that cash. Idk. I also haven't received the car yet. I hope Monday I can. At least no payment this month ?
Sponsored

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 LEAF SV+, 19 Altima Plat, 22 Mach-E4X ordered
What starter has to be installed? You can't put a remote start on it if that's what you are referring to.
You can but it's stupid because it requires you parking the car in neutral which is just a big no if you have any sort of brains. I still remember from a decade ago when a co-worker parked a customer's V35 gen G Coupe in gear and locked the car but he locked it once, locked it again to make sure and must have been holding down the lock button because all of sudden we hear a click and the car jumps forward and dies. Luckily it was an open lot with no block in front of the car. Turned out the owner installed remote start and had the OEM fob programmed to start the car if you held the lock button and didn't bother to tell anyone.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
You can but it's stupid because it requires you parking the car in neutral which is just a big no if you have any sort of brains. I still remember from a decade ago when a co-worker parked a customer's V35 gen G Coupe in gear and locked the car but he locked it once, locked it again to make sure and must have been holding down the lock button because all of sudden we hear a click and the car jumps forward and dies. Luckily it was an open lot with no block in front of the car. Turned out the owner installed remote start and had the OEM fob programmed to start the car if you held the lock button and didn't bother to tell anyone.
Not sure what it was like ā€˜a decade ago,ā€™ but the better ones now have protocols in place to ensure itā€™s safe to start.

OP
OP
Corey2k8g

Corey2k8g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately Honda won't allow it. Has to be aftermarket which would void warranty they said.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Unfortunately Honda won't allow it. Has to be aftermarket which would void warranty they said.
They canā€™t void the warranty unless a modification is the cause of the issue that a warranty claim would otherwise cover.

OP
OP
Corey2k8g

Corey2k8g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They canā€™t void the warranty unless a modification is the cause of the issue that a warranty claim would otherwise cover.
I know. Just saying that's what the dealer told me ? it's fine. I'll just use the $500 on accessories ?ā€ā™‚

OP
OP
Corey2k8g

Corey2k8g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad to take pictures and drive ish. But 1 week. 500 miles. I love this car. It's fun. Only thing I have to compare it to is my 2000 Galant V6 5 speed swap. So I can't really say positives and negatives compared to other Civics. Only thing is I'm still trying to find that perfect seat position so my knee doesn't bother so much when driving a lot. Also I couldn't really open it up much since my new insurance is "tracking" me for 90 days bit it's punchy and quick.

Attachments

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
I thought US wasnā€™t getting digital for si. I must have my wires crossed as that doesnā€™t make any sense to me now since I am thinking about it.
it's a half digital dash, unlike the Canadian spec which gets a full digital display