• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New 2023 Type R owner here with a few questions.

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
1st is how the hell do you get the trip meter displayed in the instrument cluster like every other car on the road?
2nd would be what tires and or wheels to look into to make it a better daily.( It's not bad as is, but I can see a low life and high expense in the future on the stock tires).
3rd, for those that park under a carport or outside, how are you protecting the car better?
Sponsored

ItsMeNickG

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
1st is how the hell do you get the trip meter displayed in the instrument cluster like every other car on the road?
2nd would be what tires and or wheels to look into to make it a better daily.( It's not bad as is, but I can see a low life and high expense in the future on the stock tires).
3rd, for those that park under a carport or outside, how are you protecting the car better?
#3. I got my car fully ceramic coated (including my aftermarket wing) to protect it from the elements outside. It’s always garaged, but the ceramic coating protects against dust as well.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
1. The right side steering wheel controls allow you to toggle through the options
2. loving my Continental high performance all seasons, DWS06
3. If it’s going to rain a lot or snow I put a light waterproof car cover on it. I also fully PPF’d my car

Bullitt44

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR, Porsche 911 GT3 and GT4RS
1) Scroll to where mileage is viewed and press the wheel in, you should be able to access trip A and B.

2) I live in the North and purchased 18x9.5 wheels and run snow tires, I think I might get another set of 18's for the Summer when I kill the stock tires. Car just feels better on the 18's.

3) Treat and protect surfaces and wash regularly. As long as car is out of sunlight and safe from UV, you should be good.

gryphongod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 #10837
2) Switched to 18x9.5 wheels and 255/40/18 PS A/S tires and the ride feels way better.
3) Full PPF + ceramic coat (sadly as with most places in MA I do not have a garage...)

TchnoZ33

First Name
Zaid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
I always wonder about if I should PPF my car. It’s 7k for a full PPF…at that time I figure I might as well just correct the paint 4-5 years from now for any chips and would be cheaper but I guess the original paint would be messed up. Any comments?

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Like some of the above, I too went to 18X9.5 and 255 for a more winter set up with the Conti DWS06, the tires have been fantastic, I will swap back to stock wheels and tires probably in April.
I did PPF on the front, hood, mirrors and rockers.
My after market wheels are Enkei Matte Bronze TR6, and I will say they show a ton of brake dust. So color might be something to consider with your wheels.
Good luck!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I always wonder about if I should PPF my car. It’s 7k for a full PPF…at that time I figure I might as well just correct the paint 4-5 years from now for any chips and would be cheaper but I guess the original paint would be messed up. Any comments?
I would not recommend full PPF on this car. It's simply not necessary and a waste of money IMHO. If you decide to go ppf, just focus on the high impact areas and ceramic coat the entire car. That's it. If you properly care for your car, the car will look great for quite some time.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
PSA: If you do park the FL5 in a garage, be careful opening the tailgate while the garage door is open--depending on the height of the door, you can smack the wing into the garage door. Don't ask me how I found out. 🤦‍♂️

AWR1997

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 Civic Type R R-00154 (deceased)
I would not recommend full PPF on this car. It's simply not necessary and a waste of money IMHO. If you decide to go ppf, just focus on the high impact areas and ceramic coat the entire car. That's it. If you properly care for your car, the car will look great for quite some time.

I second this. Full front end was essential. I had the sides from about bottom 1/4 of the doors and down wrapped too. The only other thing that I would add onto that is the A-pillars. After 26500 miles, the only chips in the paint were on my A-pillars.

Matt_1352

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB FL5 #008913, '20 M240i Sunset Oran. man/rwd
2-I went to the Pilot AS4's in a 35 series for the winter. I'm in central Indiana and winters are not as snowy as I'm told they one were. So no experience with this in snow, but the extra cushion of the 35 series has been a lot nicer on the rougher roads.
3-The factory Honda Type R car cover worked great before I had a garage to park my car in. Obviously a perfect fit, plus protects against hail.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I second this. Full front end was essential. I had the sides from about bottom 1/4 of the doors and down wrapped too. The only other thing that I would add onto that is the A-pillars. After 26500 miles, the only chips in the paint were on my A-pillars.
The a-pillar kit is essential which for most film companies includes the leading edge of the roof as well (6"-8"). Makes sense you took damage there.

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
PSA: If you do park the FL5 in a garage, be careful opening the tailgate while the garage door is open--depending on the height of the door, you can smack the wing into the garage door. Don't ask me how I found out. 🤦‍♂️
Damn right about this ......... glad my car is black ........ :oops:

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
Is this from driving behind gravel trucks or debris on road from just cars and SUVs? I'm guessing I'm fortunate to only have one or two chips on A pillars from my previous cars, mostly bumper and lower parts of hood were chipped.

On this car, fenders are more vulnerable and the lower part of the doors. I opted not for the doors since I wanted to minimize the dirt line where the PPF ends. They did a trunk strip and I'm glad it's in a less visible place. Ceramic and fender vent screen helps otherwise.

Fl5#727

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic type r
I Did it too. 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored