• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Why does everyone want parking sensors? The rear camera and blind spot system works very well at warning for cross traffic in parking lots. I just line up the edge of the bumper with the ground in the backup camera and that is essentially where the bumper position is. For the front sensors it's not like they would help with curb parking. I really don't see the need for them... 🤷‍♂️
It’s just more electronic junk to go wrong. My MK8 Golf R had them and they honestly had errors 50% of the time.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Sensors are super helpful for parking in a cramped garage. With this car being much bigger than my previous car they’d sure be handy for that. Love them on my MDX.

Now I know why a lot of people like to park their sporty cars in reverse. Backup camera helps see the curb (and there’s usually less chance of curbing the car in the back too). Smart!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I would like a 360 camera or at least some on the side so I can not worry about curbing my wheels.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Sensors are super helpful for parking in a cramped garage. With this car being much bigger than my previous car they’d sure be handy for that. Love them on my MDX.

Now I know why a lot of people like to park their sporty cars in reverse. Backup camera helps see the curb (and there’s usually less chance of curbing the car in the back too). Smart!
Yeah I wish it had sensors too, every time I think I’m leaving too much room in front my bumper is right up to the line/barrier/wall. Definitely taking some getting used to the size pulling in forward.

Truu

First Name
Truu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2021 Type R,

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Really cool that this is being sold but that means getting a front and rear bumper from a country that offers the sensors. Probably not realistic and there’s something to learning the dimensions of a car in an intimate way. Haven’t had a car long enough to really learn it like that in a long time.
Actually looks like the mounting points are marked on the inside of the bumper. Might look more into this as a possibility in the future. Would be a nice OEM feature to have.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
Why does everyone want parking sensors? The rear camera and blind spot system works very well at warning for cross traffic in parking lots. I just line up the edge of the bumper with the ground in the backup camera and that is essentially where the bumper position is. For the front sensors it's not like they would help with curb parking. I really don't see the need for them... 🤷‍♂️
My two car garage isn't all that spacious, so the sensors would be helpful.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
My two car garage isn't all that spacious, so the sensors would be helpful.
I just sharpied on my wall 2 lines that tell me when my car is pulled in far enough and how far back i can go before hitting something lol. My friend helped me mark them so i know my limits.

Parking sensors are nice, but if you dwell on not having you'll just find yourself disappointed over something you can live without! The car is a beauty, enjoy it to its full extent.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, no dwelling here. My previous car, which I owned for 13+ yrs, didn’t have sensors either. I never hit anything, but it was also quite a bit smaller car. With all the tech the FL5 has, sensors would have been icing on the cake. I imagine that this is a “luxury feature” the ITS will have standard, in addition to other minor things like heated leather seats etc., to justify its price tag (which will certainly be higher than the FL5).

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Pretty sure the JDM market CTR has the sensors. When watching the B roll from savagegeeses YT review, you'll notice the front bumpers have the parking sensors on em..

In any case, def not a deal breaker but would have been nice.

Last edited:

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Japanese and I believe European cars have sensors. Unless you are parallel parking often I personally don't see the need. You can come up with solutions within your garage to make it easier. :)

I think it's better to have the clean front and rear bumpers without holes in the middle of the plastic surfaces.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, the little buttons in the rear bumper don’t look great on vehicles with rear sensors. They’re hidden pretty well in front though, which is where they’re most useful in my opinion. The camera works nicely for parking in reverse and/or parallel parking. But anyway, it’s really a moot point and definitely not a deal breaker whatsoever.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
I absolutely love this car. It's my first manual and it was easy to learn on this with rev matching turned off. Turning it back on, it really is amazingly responsive. It'll look and feel like you're in an FD2 mixed with an EK9. There are even some styling cues of the Accord Type R (Euro R). Another obvious styling cue being the F1 style gauge in +R mode coming from the S2000.

The ownership experience has been interesting in terms of attention. I wonder why nobody appreciated my dad's 2006 GMC Envoy when I had it :p.

The black color has definitely helped me stay a bit hidden and blending in with traffic. Over here, it's extremely rare in comparison to the mainland so it definitely gets attention if they know what car it is. I've seen a few guys take pictures or videos of the car while I'm driving. Got to park it next to a friend's R32 Skyline at a restaurant where a bunch of enthusiasts visit in Cabo Rojo called Buena Vibra. This is where having this car and having friends with FK8s and other cars is awesome. Doing togue runs on the weekends by the beaches in the mountains is as close to the JDM experience as I'm going to get right now.

The only negative would be that the stock suspension is a little rougher in +R mode with the streets being very tricky to avoid patches of filled in pot holes and the sort that would make the car rougher to ride. Individual mode with everything on R or Sport and Suspension at Comfort is ideal.

As much as it gets appreciation with the attention, it gets hate too. I'm learning now as a younger owner starting out, there will be plenty of that regardless of what you have. A lot of mopar guys wanting to race for God knows why. I'm just trying to stay away from all that dangerous stuff while having fun and tracking the car where it should be driven that way.
11th Gen Honda Civic New Owner Observation / Stories IMG_1807 (1)

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
After passing 1000 miles recently I just can't praise the car enough. The driving is so fun as a daily driver. It is super quick and very responsive. Definitely a head turner. It gets a lot of attention, not necessarily what I want but its something.

Every time I walk up or park it and walk away I am always turning back to look at it because it really does look that good.

I have had a lot of people interact with me asking about it. I walked out of it a week ago and my co-worker saw me get out and he was gushing at how much he liked it and was asking me all about it. I have pulled up to numerous places and have had people come up to me talking about it and asking questions of if its worth it (a SI owner) or how did you get one etc.

I purchased the car because I wanted a fun car that is practical enough to daily drive for a long time and I am not disappointed so far.
Sponsored