• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New Owner Observation / Stories

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I couldn't tell the difference...they both feels good tho.
& FL5 seats does look a bit better, imo
Sponsored

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
My FL5 arrived at the dealer today off the truck. I asked the dealer to just to the absolute minimal PDI and leave the exterior and interior alone, as I will pick it up on Monday and take it directly to get PPF and ceramic coating. So I went to check it out and drove it for a few miles to finally see how it felt. I drove it on some average to crappy roads (New Hampshire) and also on the highway. Based on everything I read on forums and watched on YouTube, I was expecting a crazy-harsh ride, even in comfort mode, and lots of noise when cruising on the highway. I am happy to say I didn't experience either. I found comfort mode to be quite soft, sport to be about right, and +R to be about the same as my M340i with M-Sport suspension (non-adaptive). I guess it depends on what you're used to and coming from. I had a Cayman S with 19"s and non-PASM before, and that also was harsher. And on the highway, at 60-80mph, it was fine - not loud or anything annoying at all. Anyway, those are the first impressions. Clutch and shifter feel were very good and smooth/easy.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
…………I guess it depends on what you're used to and coming from. …….
^^^ Very true. I would be in the camp saying the car rides firm and the noise is harsh. Only the case because I was coming from a luxury sport sedan before the Type R. If compared to the crap 4 cylinder cars I drove when growing up I would say the Type R is sooo smooth and fairly quiet. For this reason it’s good to list the cars each owns in their forum signature box.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Glad to hear the seats- one of the best features- are still excellent. As for ride, TDC50 makes a great point. You can't judge a car in a vacuum.
Ideally you would drive them back to back on the same road.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Yeah this is a comparison with no right or wrong answers.

For me... After driving the car for. Early 3,000 miles. The ride isn't so bad. I still avoid manhole covers brace myself for visual imperfections on the road ahead. I think I'll do less of that when I get 18s and some more sidewall.

The noise can be crazy loud at times too... But.. It's a Honda. Not exactly known for being quiet. On top of that it is a Type R. So.. I expected it.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
My FL5 arrived at the dealer today off the truck. I asked the dealer to just to the absolute minimal PDI and leave the exterior and interior alone, as I will pick it up on Monday and take it directly to get PPF and ceramic coating. So I went to check it out and drove it for a few miles to finally see how it felt. I drove it on some average to crappy roads (New Hampshire) and also on the highway. Based on everything I read on forums and watched on YouTube, I was expecting a crazy-harsh ride, even in comfort mode, and lots of noise when cruising on the highway. I am happy to say I didn't experience either. I found comfort mode to be quite soft, sport to be about right, and +R to be about the same as my M340i with M-Sport suspension (non-adaptive). I guess it depends on what you're used to and coming from. I had a Cayman S with 19"s and non-PASM before, and that also was harsher. And on the highway, at 60-80mph, it was fine - not loud or anything annoying at all. Anyway, those are the first impressions. Clutch and shifter feel were very good and smooth/easy.
New Hampshire here as well, did you get the red one from Manchester?

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I find the ride pretty good, on the firm side as I'd expect of a vehicle claiming to be a hot hatch or sports car. I live in a city with bad roads and use the Comfort suspension setting but Sport would be fine too if I had to choose just one setting to cover everything. R is a bit much but not ridiculous, if it was the only option I would more seriously consider C/Os than I am now though. R setting probably works well with R compound tires though otherwise it feels overdamped to me in compression.

Reminds me a lot of my NA Miata with Tein Flex, if just a bit worse - and that's no surprise when you have a 205/45R15 vs 265/30R19 tire to soften the square-edge hits. My wife said the ride is fine so take that for what you will.

I love how flat the car corners too, no rolling boat here.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only one who finds +R mode not that hard to live with on the street? I usually drive in Sport, occasionally in Comfort, but will go into +R when I need that last bit of cornering and throttle response. I don't really find that I get beat up either.
I accidentally left the car in Type R after switching it to enjoy some nice curves the other day, and didn't even realize it until I glanced down and saw that dash had way more red than in the default Sport mode I favor. it's more about the road than the mode.

+R mode for track use only? To me that would be a waste.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know, thank you. It feels like +R is very slightly easier to rev and had better response,

Maybe that is just my adrenaline kicking in when the dash turns red.

Or the sound system bellowing 'Release the Kraken!' Wait, what? Yours doesn't do that?

Huge difference from Comfort mode, though, which feels very laggy in response by comparison to Sport/+R.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
I don't think you'd want to do that. Have you considered the Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer?
I thought of that, but that pushed the accelerator out more and as it goes for the pedal box I find the brake is too high, while the clutch and accelerator are set lower. I want the brake to engage slightly higher than the accelerator and be fully engaged a bit below the accelerator, it gives me way more modularity of the accelerator under hard braking, which I much prefer. It's easy for me to tilt my foot up to get the accelerator vs leaning my foot down for the accelerator while braking.

Unless there is something different with this car vs my BRZ and older cars, all of my cars had lower engaging brakes.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Anyone else having issues with asshats in black audi s / rs cars trying to race or being belligerent? Had three in the last few days one almost rear ended someone revving on me - some old dude in a rs5.

So far this year the doosh driver awards go to audi owners. The best experience so far is surprisingly stang and mopar guys - although skepticalof me at first were super cool when I complimented their cars and returned the praise.
Sponsored