• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Next-gen: CTR our, S2000 revival?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Feel free to close this thread if it holds no merit.

My mom is purchasing an EX and I inquired about when the next generation Honda lineup is arriving. He said likely in a couple of years, but when the Type R is up he said he heard they are phasing that out and bringing back the S2000.

Anyone hear anything like this? Have any dealers they can get whispers from about something like this?

Sorry to cause a potential stir if this is unwarranted, heh.
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto

My mom is purchasing an EX and I inquired about when the next generation Honda lineup is arriving. He said likely in a couple of years, but when the Type R is up he said he heard they are phasing that out and bringing back the S2000.

Anyone hear anything like this? Have any dealers they can get whispers from about something like this?

Hey I was saying they need to bring the prelude back, but the S2000 would be even better! I guess we can only wait and see what happens.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)

Type R, if the next generation Civic has one, will be a couple years out most likely. I can see an S2000 revival coming back, or a similar car, since the Supra has come up and a new Z is expected as well. It would be good timing. Stick the current CTR motor into a long-nose convertible coupe and you're all good to go :p There has been no official word on anything yet. Even the 2020 CTR has been relatively quiet.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
I would not doubt it. Honda has a habit of production lapses in their high end of models. The R has been stopped then started a few times already elsewhere. I personally would like to see a new generation badass Del Sol

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
I have heard rumors of a "Honda S3000" for many years. Not sure that such a thing exists but word on the street is Honda wants to make the thing a "Baby NSX" and that's what the unofficial prototype images look like on the net. Would be cool if they sold something like this.

11th Gen Honda Civic Next-gen: CTR our, S2000 revival? upload_2020-1-5_18-30-42

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Interesting, but Honda would have a tough time competing with the Miata price performance wise. The S2000 is a better car - but you really pay for that privilege.

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
I love talking about the possibility of the S2K coming back. It would be a great time right now for Honda to put something up against the new Supra. Just let me pay off my Type R first so I can actually afford one!!

Starting from scratch on that platform would be expensive, though. It might be unrealistic for them to manufacture one that is available globally at a reasonable price point. I feel like the only reason the states got the Type R was because it was based off of the Civic Hatch platform.

The K20C could make a good engine for a new S2K. I wonder how it would perform if mounted longitudinally in a RWD application. We might see less overheating issues if the turbo wasn't bolted to the front :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Type R, 2017 Bolt

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
OP, have you ever heard of baseless rumors? That's generally what you get when you ask a salesman (or anyone, really) about something no one outside of Honda knows.

SWIMS

First Name
EDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
I have heard rumors of a "Honda S3000" for many years. Not sure that such a thing exists but word on the street is Honda wants to make the thing a "Baby NSX" and that's what the unofficial prototype images look like on the net. Would be cool if they sold something like this.

upload_2020-1-5_18-30-42.jpeg
That did become a thing, it’s the Honda s660, word on the street aint ever it, man

11th Gen Honda Civic Next-gen: CTR our, S2000 revival? C0C26871-81DD-4D88-8E25-6538860B47E2

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
The S2K 25 year is only meant for the Japanese Market if I'm not mistaken

He said likely in a couple of years, but when the Type R is up he said he heard they are phasing that out and bringing back the S2000.
Your guy doesn't know shit. It's hard to predict if the CTR is going to stay long term or if will end after the 12th gen but based on their history, they have been here since the 6th gen and have only been exclusive for the JDM and EDM for 2 gens
Sponsored